Family Outings...minus Dad
It's kinda sad that Jake isn't in any pictures I have taken lately. Then again, I don't dare put myself in any either. But my point is that Jake has been working so hard the past couple of weeks, we have been doing all these fun things without him. Hopefully that changes. We really love him and appreciate the sacrifices he makes for our family.
The kids and I went to the Thanksgving Point gardens last week. Our year pass was getting ready to expire and we hadn't gone yet. I don't think we will be renewing it though. We definitely didn't get our monies worth this year.
They ran around and had a great time! It is one of the most beautiful places on the planet! I love it there!
Then it was off to Vegas! The kids and I drove down Friday and came back on Wednesday. It was a lot of fun to be with my family. It doesn't happen very often because we live so far away from everyone else. It was amazingly hot and I welcomed it. I miss my good ole' hometown. Even though it has grown so much, I hardly recognize it. Saturday, my little sister graduated from UNLV. It was a busy day, but full of family love!
Sunday was Mother's Day. Since I was on vacation without my husband, it wasn't a day off. I am still hoping for a raincheck on that one! :)
Then we just hung out for the next few days. I was able to catch up with family who I never see. I finally got to see baby Jace (Becca's) since I have been patiently waiting for her to update her blog for 2 weeks! She just had her 4th boy so I will let her slide on this one! I got to hang out with my brother Kurt a little bit. That rarely happens. And my kids, even though shy at first, love all the attention they get. Tyler says he likes being at Grandma and Grandpa's because they let him do whatever he wants. Yeah, he stayed up until midnight most nights. It's been hard to get him back into a normal schedule. It was 100 dergees when we
left Vegas on Wednesday, and it was 66 degrees when we got home. Such a huge difference! It was nice to get
left Vegas on Wednesday, and it was 66 degrees when we got home. Such a huge difference! It was nice to get away. Even though I love the structure of being on a schedule...I am always up for trips! Can't wait until the next one!
Tyle was tired of Aunt Jill taking pictures of him. So this is the face he gave her. And promptly said, "You better delete that!"
Cole and Ella consoling each other after a tramatic experience in the pool. This was their first time swimming, and they both hated it! Screamed the whole time.
Cute picture though!
This is an advertisement for my brother Kurt. He's single and great with kids. We need to find him a good girl!














5 comments:
Oooo I like Ella's bathing suit. And summer vacations. Hope you get that Mother's Day break sometime. (Although in my experience, you will not. ) Oh well, there is always next year! :)
How fun!!! I was In Vegas too!!!! The kids are getting too big!! Crazy!!! Congrats to Krista!!!!
You are brave driving by yourself. Looks like a fun trip though! The twins are looking so grown up.
Looks like you had a great time. I agree, you are brave taking all of that on by yourself. Let us know the next time you come to town.
OMGosh, those pics of your kids are adorable!!!! Love all the flowers...so pretty!
Post a Comment