So Okay...
We were seriously considering moving...but now we are not. At least for now. There were signs up in our yard and boxes being packed. The past few weeks have not been easy on us. Especially Jake! Because the economy has been so crappy, the car business he started with an associate came to a screeching halt. It's not that they weren't getting business. People love to buy cars! It's that the stupid banks aren't lending any money. Car loans are almost impossible to get these days. I can't even imagine what it must be like to buy a house.
So as we have been discussing our options, we thought that maybe this was our chance to move. We knew when we moved here to Northern Utah that is was only temporary. Even though I have (for the most part) enjoyed it, and have made some lifelong friends...this is not the final stop for us. I HATE being cold! I enjoy sledding, skiiing, and all the fun winter things to do when it snows. What I do not enjoy is the snow being camped out on my doorstep for 5-6 months, uninvited! It is so annoying! One of the things I loved about growing up in Vegas was that snow was only 30 minutes away. We could go play and then come home to dry land!
We have had the option of either moving to Boise to be with Jake's family, or back to Vegas to be with my family. Both options were great and we have had a hard time deciding where we should go. But in the end, it just seems like more hurdles to jump over than there would be if we just stayed here. And moving around the holidays is no fun for anyone!
So our time here in Utah is not over! We are going to make it through at least one more winter and smile all the while! Jake's job in sales that he has had since we moved here is doing well so we will stay and be happy. We are still searching for that "perfect place" to settle down and raise our family though. We hope to find it in the next couple of years while our kids are still young. We want them to have the same schools and friends and stability that Jake and I both had growing up. I know that not everything happens as you plan, but we are working toward that.
So there you have it. No big deal right? All that fuss over nothing! No, pregnancy is not a possibility in our house anymore! We are done having kids and are perfectly happy with the 3 we have!








11 comments:
Hip Hip Hooray! I am so happy!
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was just loving getting to know you and would have hated to see you go! Well hopefully you will find that bag of prego clothes while you are unpacking! hee hee!
Glad you're staying. We are on the same hunt as you to find the perfect place to raise our children, but by default it is here for the time being.
YAH!! I am glad you guys decided to stay at least for another year!! I hate the snow too, but I do like it for the holidays!! It wouldn't be christmas without it!!
I am so excited!!! I knew I prayed hard enough. Love ya guys... Welcome Back. hahaha
I'm sooo glad! I've been really sad over your decision to move, hope you're as happy as the rest of us!!!
That sounds like a good idea for your fam for right now! I am excited for you!!!!!
Awwhh-I wish you were moving back to Vegas-Hannah would love to grow up with Ella! Maybe someday-right? Good luck with the snow, living in Vegas for almost 30 years has ruined me-anything below 70 is too cold for me!
Yahoo! It's nice knowing I have friends to suffer though the winter with me! ;)
That whole decision making process sounds like it was no fun. Love this economy. :/ Glad you can stay for a little while longer!
This isn't the north pole! It's more like 3-4 months out of the year but who's counting.
How is Idaho weather? I thought it was colder there?
I like planning moves. Actually doing it sucks but the change can be invigorating.
At least we have blogs to stay in touch.
I wish that we could trade you some warm weather for some cold weather and have a balance. It has been too warm here. There is something to be said about a white Christmas!
Post a Comment