Wednesday, November 19, 2008

9 Months

The twins are 9 months old today! It feels like only yesterday I was up every hour feeding them. They are sleeping so well during the night now, so I can't complain anymore. They go to bed at 6 pm every night. They wake up around 4 am and I give them a bottle, then they go back to sleep until 7 am. They are generally very happy, and love to play.



Cole weighs 19 lbs. 3 oz. and is 29 1/2 inches long. He is pretty normal as far as weight, but is in the 90% in height. He has 4 teeth. 3 on the bottom and 1 on top, but I see his other top front tooth starting to push through. He is scooting everywhere! I have seen him get up on his knees every once and a while, but he thinks he is faster scooting. He has already started cruising around the furniture though. He might just bypass crawling! He loves to play on the stairs. He can't climb them yet, but likes to play on the first 2 stairs. And he tries to go down from the top every chance he gets. He knows he is doing something he shouldn't because he will look to see if I am watching, and then start laughing as he heads for the stairs. Naughty boy! I MUST go get a gate! He loves to eat, and expects you to share everything with him. There isn't much he doesn't like to eat, but he will let you know when he doesn't like something! He will spit it out and then throw it! He talks a lot. He says "Da Da", "Ma Ma", and "No No"!
Cole LOVES his big brother. He wants to do everything Tyler does. They play so well together. They chase each other around the house and wrestle. It is fun to watch them play.
He still has to wear his helmet for another month and a half. Now that he is mobile and also sleeps on his stomach, he doesn't have to wear it all the time. He should wear it most of the day though. It is making a difference, so hopefully the first week of January he will get the okay and not have to wear it anymore.
Cole is such a happy boy, and we just love him!
Ella weighs 16 lbs. 2 oz. and is 28 1/2 inches long. She is still super tiny compared to her brother, but is also very long. She is also in the 90% in height, but weight is like 20%. She's just petite!
She is all girl though! She can throw a tantrum like the best of them! She has been getting up on her hands and knees and rocking for a long time now, but won't go anywhere. She just started scooting last week. She's been watching her brother get around for weeks, and finally decided she better get moving or she is going to get left behind. She hasn't mastered it yet. If she sees food or a toy she wants, she will go get it. But, other than that she will lay on her stomach and cry because she wants to be where everyone else is and can't figure out how to get there. It really tries my patience. I am trying to work with her, but there is only so much I can do. She has to figure it out on her own. The boys will make their way into the kitchen if I am cooking or doing the dishes...she wants to be there too, but would rather cry than figure out a way to join us. She throw things, and her hands up in the air. Drama queen!
When she has company, she is such a happy little girl! She likes to dance to music and she loves to talk. She has her own little language though. More like Pebbles Flinstone. She talks and talks, but only she knows what she is saying. She still only has 2 bottom teeth and likes to show them off! She likes to eat, but lets you know when she is done. She will clinch her jaw closed and will not open it for anything! I've even tried to get her to laugh so she would open her mouth, but she has figured that out too. She will stay straight-faced, because she knows if she smiles, I will shove a spoon in there. It is very funny! She's a smart cookie!
I just love having our tiny little girl in the house. She is so much fun!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

These two are so darling! That's awesome that they are sleeping through the night now. How awesome! I love that feeling!

Kimmers said...

Oh My Gosh!!! They are sooooo cute...I am so excited that I still get to see them.... LOL

jill said...

They are so cute!! I am so glad they are sleeping through the night now!! I can't believe they go to bed at 6 pm.

P.S. I am glad you guys decided to stay!!

Unknown said...

They are so cute and big now. I have only seen them one time when they were just babies. I am bummed that you are not moving to Vegas, but you have to do what's best for your family.

Tiffany said...

I can not believe how big they are!!! It is so crazy! Ella is a dolly girl and Cole is ALL boy!! What cute babies! Happy 9 months to them!!!

I would love to see you guys when we drive through! I am flying down but driving back with Terry!

Nichole said...

Wow, 9 months already! Time flies!
They are so cute!
Do you feel like you are able to accomplish anything? I can't imagine having twins. I am sure that it is getting easier by the day.
Birthday cake in no time!

-KJ said...

They are getting so big! Cuter than ever of course! Time flies.

Steph said...

They are so adorable! Can't believe they are 9 months already. Kate and Jane will turn 6 months on the 30th. Yeah. they just finally learned to roll over and kate has been kinda scooting around. I love this age. they are learning so much and taking it all in. kate and jane both got two bottom teeth a few weeks ago. im hoping no more come in for a few months. hope you are doing well and glad to hear they are finally sleeping through the night. steph

Michelle said...

They are so cute! None months is a fun age. That's good Cole is talking so much. Ethan isn't much of a talker yet.