Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleepover

Tyler likes to sleep in our room. He either thinks of a sly way to start out there (on the floor of course) or comes in at some point during the night. It was getting to the point where he was never in his room. So Jake decided to start having "sleepovers". If Ty is good all week and doesn't throw his 4 year old tantrums, and sleeps in his bed...Friday nights are sleepover nights. Last Friday, Jake and Ty decided to go camping in the backyard. Ty was soooo excited all week!




Getting the tent ready


He was so excited he made a sign with
his Legos.
Hanging out in the tent with Dad! They had treats and glow sticks, and it was just the 2 of them.
Meanwhile, I had my whole bed to myself and I stayed up a little too late watching girlie shows like "What Not to Wear".
I was on baby duty that night, so I didn't get much sleep. Jake said he didn't get much sleep either because it was cold outside, and he was constantly making sure Ty didn't get too cold. What a good dad!!!
I think I jinxed myself when I said that the babies were starting to sleep thru the night. It only happened for about a week. Now they are teething and it is back to sleepless nights. They are both getting up a ton! It is so freakin' annoying!

7 comments:

steph j. said...

Melissa, Those babies are so cute! How do you do two babies, I think you are amazing!

Jill said...

wasn't Jake waiting for summer so he could do this when it wouldn't be cold?....good thing its now fall!
I sooo want to come up with Kyle this weekend!

Nichole said...

How fun! I am jealous that it is cold at night there. Gotta love Vegas.

Tiffany said...

That is so cute! what a fun thing for them to do! Miss ya!

Unknown said...

I know all too well about kids coming in during the night. Mason pulls that number almost every night, but I have now got it down where he rarely wakes me up. He just gets a pillow and sleeps on the hard floor all night. I just say whatever, as long as he dosen't bother me!

-KJ said...

I love when they get excited over funny stuff like sleeping in the backyard. Sometimes those late (sleepless) nights can be worth it just so you have a little time to yourself.

Sorry about the teething! NO FUN!

Michelle said...

I know what you mean. Ethan is waking up 2 times at night. I think soon it will be time to let hime cry. He used to sleep through the night too.

How fun for Ty though!