Kim's Tag
Some quirky things about me...
~I cannot stand the sight of honeycombs, wasp nests (which we have a ton of every summer, ugh!) and easy mac right out of the microwave when all the noodles are standing straight up. Even typing about this makes me throw up a little in my mouth! I don't know what it is about circular shapes bunched up together, but I cringe! Oh, so nasty!
~I must have my toenails painted at all times. I don't like to see girls without their toenails painted either, not cute! I won't judge you if your toenails aren't painted, but it is an easy way for us girls to look cute on a not so cute bodypart!
~I am going to re-register as an independent. I registered as a republican when I was 18 because I didn't (still don't) care too much for politics and all of my family was republican, so I thought that was the way to go. Now that I am a little wiser in my old age, I see differently. I definitely don't agree with all of the policies of the democrats, but I also don't agree with all the policies of the republicans either. I could go on and on with my dislikes of both parties, but I won't. I am going to stay neutral and try to be open minded in all things. Heaven help us all!
~ I am a super picky eater! I don't really like chicken. Ever since my pregnancy with Tyler, I can't eat chicken by itself. It has to be in a casserole or shredded on a salad. Eating a chicken breast, even slathered in BBQ sauce is no good! I don't like fish because I didn't grow up on it and it smells gross! My mom doesn't like it, so I wasn't exposed to it as a child. It is an acquired taste that I haven't acquired! I don't like yogurt, cottage cheese, or smoothies. Those are all because of texture. I gag at the thought! All of these things are great for my diet. I am so screwed!








19 comments:
Eww- I didnt know that about Easy Mac......wont ever be eating that.
And heaven help us if Obama wins....please say that you have come to your senses and decided not to vote for him!
Good post my friend! Now I know why you haven't EVER called me back... I drink smoothies with UNPAINTED toe nails!!! Just joshen! I am soooooo with you on the whole politics thing. I seriously HATE it! Who the hec do we trust???? UGH! Anywho, love ya!
Great, am I going to have to paint my toes before I see you on Wed? I haven't had them done since I had Abbie. I can't find the time!
I guess I need to paint my toenails?
All I know is I would never vote for a pro-choice...who are we kidding...baby killer. Why mince words. I think pro-choice is a pc saying which drives me up the wall. I agree that neither party is perfect. I call myself an extreme conservative. The elephants, in the past, have aligned their beliefs with mine. Over the past 8 years or so the republican party has been on a slow move to the middle. The republicans need to get back to what made them great.
Party affiliations mean nothing anyway.
Taylor, I knew the political stuff would get you to comment! :)
You are funny! I am with you on the toenails-I can't stand when mine are not painted (matter of fact I just got all the kiddos in bed and that's what I am going to do with my down time-whoo hoo!) I never new you where such a picky eater, but chicken-who doesn't like chicken? Did you have a bad experience when you were pregnant?
I am so proud that you changed your party affiliation based on YOUR beliefs. There are so many people out there that let their parents pick their candidate. There are no perfect candidates, but we still need to exercise our right to vote. I think that politically Taylor and I are as opposite as it gets!
So you are for killing babies and taking my hard earned money to pay for defunct social programs? Hello, we haven't been in the great depression for 70 years. The majority of these programs are unneccessary or in need of serious reform i.e., social security and welfare.
Let's get back to a federal government the forefathers actually foresaw. Small as hell and where the rights are found in the constitution. If you want more rights then either talk to your state government, or get a 2/3vote to amend the Constitution. The Supreme Court is no place to make new law. There is no "Bill of Entitlements"; there is no such thing as a positive right. The government does not owe me, you or anyone anything. Just military protection, privacy when I am arrested or in a "trial like confrontation" (the 4-6th amendments), free speech, and religious beliefs. To me, this is common sense. But many still think they are entitled to get things like free college or free healthcare. I guess we need to better teach kids about how the government was meant and should function. I liked Mr. Fazzio at Cheyenne, but either he or the cirriculum was crippling mine and many others development.
P.S. If you have read Roe v. Wade you would know how unconstitutional the decision actually was. The Supreme Court, without the proper method of legislation, decided to invent a new right...the right for a doctor to allow a woman to kill a baby in the first trimester. I don't know about you, but there was not a lot concerning that right in the Constitution...in reality it wasn't even mentioned. Many might say, "but the forefathers couldn't foresee abortions in the future so they did not mention it in the Constitution." Is that why every colony and state thereafter had outlawed any abortions? They did not have to forsee it because the colonies and states had already outlawed it.
P.P.S. Many don't know this but Roe v. Wade was "overturned" AKA reinterpreted in 1990. If you ever come accross a pro-baby killer and they spout Roe v. Wade, you know right away they have no idea what they are talking about. The right to choose my ass!!!
Taylor, watch your language! This is a family blog!
I get crazy when I talk about killing babies. I'll repost I am sorry.
So you are for killing babies and taking my hard earned money to pay for defunct social programs? Hello, we haven't been in the great depression for 70 years. The majority of these programs are unneccessary or in need of serious reform i.e., social security and welfare.
Let's get back to a federal government the forefathers actually foresaw. Small as hell and where the rights are found in the constitution. If you want more rights then either talk to your state government, or get a 2/3vote to amend the Constitution. The Supreme Court is no place to make new law. There is no "Bill of Entitlements"; there is no such thing as a positive right. The government does not owe me, you or anyone anything. Just military protection, privacy when I am arrested or in a "trial like confrontation" (the 4-6th amendments), free speech, and religious beliefs. To me, this is common sense. But many still think they are entitled to get things like free college or free healthcare. I guess we need to better teach kids about how the government was meant and should function. I liked Mr. Fazzio at Cheyenne, but either he or the cirriculum was crippling mine and many others development.
P.S. If you have read Roe v. Wade you would know how unconstitutional the decision actually was. The Supreme Court, without the proper method of legislation, decided to invent a new right...the right for a doctor to allow a woman to kill a baby in the first trimester. I don't know about you, but there was not a lot concerning that right in the Constitution...in reality it wasn't even mentioned. Many might say, "but the forefathers couldn't foresee abortions in the future so they did not mention it in the Constitution." Is that why every colony and state thereafter had outlawed any abortions? They did not have to forsee it because the colonies and states had already outlawed it.
P.P.S. Many don't know this but Roe v. Wade was "overturned" AKA reinterpreted in 1990. If you ever come accross a pro-baby killer and they spout Roe v. Wade, you know right away they have no idea what they are talking about. The "right to choose" my poundcake!!!
Those are all things I agree with you on. I obviously do not support abortion in anyway. Taxes though...unless you are planning on being very wealthy in the next 4 years, I don't see what is wrong with it. Someone is going to have to pay for all these government payouts that are going on. Why not the rich who already have more than they need?
Taylor, you are just like my dad. I like to argue the points with him just to get under his skin, because he is sooo republican! I don't agree with most of the democratic stuff, I just like the sake of arguement. Look at it from all sides, right?
You are going to be a fantastic lawyer! What kind of law are you doing anyway?
You know I still love ya right? :)
Dang! I remember when I posted something about this stuff my post got 56 comments!!! Half were from Tay! I love to read about it! Now I need to go post something about politics and hopefully I'll get some more comments! It seems like no one is commenting lately! Good job Melissa!
P.S. Tay keep watching out for my post on my blog!! You'll love it!
No. The rich should not have to pay for it. As an alternative try stopping government payouts, Palin has done a great job at that in Alaska.
Rich business owners are wealthy because they took the risk. They deserve the reward. Those who come into money and are wealthy because of parents or family will have 55% taken from them when they die. Or when the rich invest money in the stock market they pay 15% of their allready taxed money back to the government. Or if they buy real estate as an investment they pay 25% of their gain back to the government. Or if they own a business then there is payroll taxes to be paid. The taxes are never ending. Why should we continue to take their money?
Does it seem unfair? Maybe. But the government's job is not to be fair and give handouts; unless there is some extreme crisis. i.e., great depression or the current housing crisis. We are not a socialism. It does not work. See History. It would work if men, as in mankind, were not running the government. We are corupt, we want power, we care about carrers and votes.
I don't plan on making more than $250,000/year and I still think it is unfair for the government to take their money.
i whole heartedly agree with my husbands last commment. he said it beeter than i could. im glad he beat me to the comment. :)
.........(all those words and you choose merely "poundcake"? How about "Sour Cream Flourless Coffee Cake with Chocolate Mocha Swirl?")............................
Sorry to interupt. You can get back to getting under each other's skin.
Alright Tay... check my blog!
No!!!!
Post a Comment