Friday, September 12, 2008

Facebook?

So, lots of people I talk to are involved in this little thing called 'Facebook'? Have you heard of it? I wanted to go and see what it was all about, but apparently you have to sign up to search the site. So I did! I don't know what it is all about and probably won't go on very often...but hey! There are a lot of people I know from past and present that keep popping up. Madness, I tell ya! What's the big deal with Facebook....anyone?

13 comments:

Tara said...

I accidentally signed up for Facebook a few months back. One of my friends sent me an e-mail saying something about they just got an account and to click to confirm I was their friend. Not sure what I did, but everyone in my address book got an e-mail that said I had a new Facebook account.

I didn't do anything with it until two weeks ago. People kept asking to be my friend and there seemed to be many people on there I would like to keep in touch with. So, what the heck, I joined the fun too!

I still like the blog thing best because it is more personal, at least for me. But both is fun for now!

Kimmers said...

You are so stinkin' funny!!! I have the same thought but I tend to look at it every once in a while. You are such an amazing person and I love hanging out with you. I guess I'll see you on facebook... LOL

Anonymous said...

I totaly agree! YOu get sucked in..and then what? But I guess it is a big deal when you are not a blogger. Past friends do show up though. I just became friends with a Cheyenne exchange student. You can see her on my profile. Maybe you knew her, too?

The Ruff Family said...

hey melissa i looked you up and couldnt find you on facebook. give me your email address and i will add you to mine.
kimmie

Christi said...

Glad to find you my fellow "pounce" pal! Maybe I'll have to check out face book, too.

Adhis said...

It's just that Facebook is a cleaner site than MySpace, which my husband calls the armpit of the internet.

Facebook used to be just for college students to keep in touch, but then Facebook opened it up to the public a couple years ago.

I haven't joined in because I'm just tired of having accounts spread all over the web. Maybe when I close some of my old stuff. Maybe.

Stephanie said...

I have loved Facebook because so many people from the ward are on it and when fun things come up we all know about it. I tried looking you up but couldn't find you. by the way, you are super fun to play pounce with!

Mel said...

Thanks for everyone's input. I might get the hang of it at some point. You guys are so nice with your comments! Garsh! (Goofy)
Look for me under my maiden name. Avance. There are a billion Melissa Johnson's out there!

Tiffany said...

Hummmmm! I am curious about that...
Is it fun?

Michelle said...

My friend was just telling me to join Facebook. I set up a myspace account to stay in touch with my little brother but I don't do anything with it. Facebook seems better.

Kimmers said...

Hey there Girlfriend!! I know that I left a comment already but I tagged you on my blog so please check it out and tag your own blog. You are still amazing!!!

Jen said...

I find Facebook really annoying but for some reason a lot of my friends use Facebook instead of email so I'm on there to keep in touch.

Besides, it's how I found you!

-KJ said...

Same thing happened to me. I went to search somebody, didn't realized I had signed up, and now I keep getting added to peoples list. I think it is fun, but I am like Tara and prefer blogging.