Thursday, August 7, 2008

Constipation Gets Complicated...

Last Wednesday, I was trying to get my house clean and get us packed to go to Jake's family reunion when Ella's poor little body decided to become "backed up". So, I spent a good portion of my day holding her and trying to console her. I also put on some latex gloves and tried to help her out. Oh, how "mom the doctor" mode kicks in when your children really need you! The poor little girl screamed her head off for a while, but once it came out...she was so happy! And tired, she went right to sleep! We made it out of the house with everyone and everything, and all was well.
On a sidenote...this is the first trip we have made as a family of 5. Boy, was it interesting. We have a large SUV, and we were busting out of the windows with stuff. Three kids shouldn't be that bad, but when you take into consideration all the baby stuff and double it...WOW!!!

Well today, I am trying to get my house clean and trying to pack for our trip to Hawaii tomorrow, and guess what...it's Cole's turn. He screamed a lot of the day and was pushing his little guts out. Poor guy was so tired, he just laid on my shoulder. Usually he's really squirmy, but he just didn't have any energy left in him. Even though I felt really bad for him, I enjoyed the cuddling.
Moving to baby food is not always fun. The doctor told us to keep juice on hand, and I am preparing myself. I remember all the restless nights staying up with Tyler when he was comstipated too. Now I have two babies that are going to go through it together. Fun! For my in-laws sake who will be watching our kids for a week...I have laid off the baby food for the past week so hopefully there won't be any problems while we are gone.

So, tomorrow...Jake and I are flying to Vegas for my cousin Chad's reception. Then my entire family (minus Krista...oh we'll miss you!) will be flying off to beautiful Kauai! I don't think Jake and I have taken a trip together without kids in the whole 7 years we have been married. I am really looking forward to it! I am going to really miss my kids, but I soooo need some sleep!
Aloha folks! :)

8 comments:

Tara said...

Have fun getting laid?

(Did I spell that right for what I meant?)

Nichole said...

Well deserved trip! Have fun!!
Go to the pharmacist and get the pediatric glycerin suppositories, no prescription needed. I would cut the very tip of one off when Jaylin was a baby, or without being to graphic...stick it in wait awhile and pull it back out. Still should work. Jaylin has 'chronic constipation' even spent a week in the hospital for it.
Or, prunes, lots and lots of prunes! :)
Good luck!!

Tiffany said...

UGH.........I am so wishing I was going with you!!!! I am so in need of a vacation! Have a blast!

jill said...

I am so excited for you guys to be going to Hawaii, you so need a vacation. Twin babies are a handful!! Have fun!!!!

Michelle said...

You're going to have so much fun! Enjoy your much needed break.

Ethan was a little backed up and I tried prunes but I don't know if it helped or if the situation just worked it self out.

Anonymous said...

Buy some over the counter "sleep aids". They will help you stay asleep (you may still be in mommy mode and wake up even if you don't need to). It'd sucks to waste even one precious night.
On the top og the page Cole looks just like Tyler. Very cute.

Kimmers said...

You guys are amazing!!! I am not sure that I could do it. A vacation for you that I know is WELL deserved. I miss hanging with you. We are going to have a girl's night so I will let you know!!

Pounce Chica Pounce Pounce!!!

Steph said...

hey, i know you dont know me, i got on your blog through carla. i was just reading about your beautiful twins. i just had twin girls in may. my friends baby underwent the same surgery as your son last year. he is doing great also and looks amazing. i have 3 boys and then got blessed with 2 girls. anyway, i just wanted to let you know how amazing you are. i could never of done everything you have in the last few months. i hope your son is doing well. i just thought we had alot in common so i decided to write. have a great day. steph j.