Thursday, July 10, 2008

I need a vacation!!

I don't leave the house very often. I don't really have anywhere to go, and it is usually more of a hassle anyway. It's hard to take 3 kids out. Two of them in carseats, so even shopping is quite the challenge. It's not like I can just, "run in real quick"...that is not an option! So, I just stay home and run my errands when Jake gets home. I have had a string of bad luck when I have ventured outside the house lately.
~A week ago Friday, I went to get my hair done. I haven't had it done since I had the babies, so you can probably imagine the root situation that I had going on. Not good! My usual girl was out of town for 2 weeks and I didn't want to wait for her to get back, so I just went to someone else. I was thinking about switching to someone else anyway. Well, the girl that did my hair took 3 hours to color it and cut it. I didn't want to wait another hour for her to dry and style it cause I knew Jake was home with all the kids. I just left with it wet. Well, then our air conditioner went out Friday night. Oh man! It has been hot here in Utah too! So, I didn't wash my hair on Saturday. No AC and a blowdryer...not a good combination. We spent the whole day outside the house while the AC guy came to fix the problem. Thank goodness he did. I was getting ready to book a hotel room. With two babies, and one of them freshly home from the hospital, I wasn't about to stay another night in our house without AC. (Sidenote...I couldn't even imagine living back in the days where there wasn't AC. I don't know how they did it!) So Sunday, I am getting ready for church, and my hair doesn't feel quite right. I asked Jake what he thought and he just shook his head! My hair was sooo butchered!!! I have never had such a horrible haircut in all my life! It looked like I had a mullet that I was trying to grow out. ( I wish I would have taken a picture!) There was a thick layer that started where my ears are. Then the sides were so layered that I just had this little tail hanging out the bottom. Long story, a little shorter...I promptly went back to the salon and saw someone who I trusted. She was in complete awe that my cut was so horrible. Sadly, she had to cut 5 inches off the bottom and layer the heck out of it to make it work. My long hair is gone! It looks so much better now though. So if anyone goes to La Villa Salon in Lehi, I can tell you who NOT to go to.
~Yesterday I went to the new Sam's Club that just opened up by us. After having a completely full cart with 2 babies and a bunch of stuff...I go to check out and they don't have their debt system working. Only checks. Who still writes checks???? Oh wait...most of Utah still does. It annoys the heck out of me! So, I had to empty my cart, go home get a check and go all the way back. ( I complained enough that they gave me a $25 gift card cause they knew I was mad!) After being in the car all day, I went through the Carl's Jr drive-thru because Ty and I were starving. Come to find out they have changed their fries. They now have the natural ones with the skin on them. I am not a fan! Then they don't have Dr. Pepper. I was so in NEED of one by that time, and had to settle for Coke. Blah!
All of this and babies without decent naps. You can imagine the noise level in the car!

I was telling Jake about my bad day, and he confirmed that it is just best that I stay home. I have better control over my emotions and my environment. That is the best situation for all parties involved!

We are off to Hawaii in a month, and it can't come any faster!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you like your haircut after all that. I would be so mad too. Going to the salon should be a relaxing experience.

Whenever I see Mom's shopping with twin babies I think they're amazing. Mothers of twins are just amazing!

You deserve a vacation. Are you bringing the kids to Hawaii?

Anonymous said...

Mothers: Tell me if this isn't a great idea~A NICE salon WITH a built in daycare-babysitting service. Seriously someone would make money with that. For sure in Utah where there are so many stay-at-home mothers. I hate calling babysitters!
Your hair grows so fast, it should be long in no time. (If you want it long that is)

Mandy said...

i have had the same thing happen with my hair before. so not fun!
i agree with stacey...salons with built in day care would be awesome!

Tiffany said...

Holy crap girl......what a day! You are a pretty amazing mom to do all that you do. Who's going to Hawaii? Give us info!!!

Mel said...

We are going to Hawaii with my family the 2nd week in August. No kids allowed! I'm going to miss my kids, but the break is going to be awesome! We are soo excited!

Chuckie said...

Mel, sounds like you need a break...if you ever need anyone to watch one of htem you can send Jake to my house!!! Just jokeing it would be nice to have some little ones around again...just send them over. Have fun in HI.