A Girl!
When I came home from the hospital last week, there was this barbie on the floor in my family room, and it was really weird for me to see it there. I asked who's it was, and my mom said she brought it for Ella. There are lots of unisex toys in my house, and even more boy toys...but it didn't dawn on me until then that we don't have any girl stuff in our house. I have been so used to just having boys around, that getting used to a girl is taking me a little time. (I always dress her up for church though, that is a must!)
Ella has been very spoiled by her Grandma's for the past 2 weeks. She loves to talk and have face to face interaction. She is so much fun and so darn cute!
So, I guess I need to pay a little more attention in the future and get some girl stuff. I don't think Hot Wheels and trains are going to interest her. Dolls, and all the accessories are on their way. No Brats dolls though. I will never allow those ugly little things in my house!









7 comments:
She is so stinkin cute, I want to eat her face! Don't worry- Aunt Jill has gotten some girly toys to bring to her in a few weeks.
I know exactly what you are talking about-after having 2 boys, it was really weird, but very fun to have girl. Do you remember all of the Barbie crap we had and the ziploc bag waterbeds we made for them? Good times! Where did you get her headband, it's so cute-I know how to make the flower ones, but not the actual bows.
Yes, that's funny Jess! I actually still have some of the barbie shops. I have saved them all these years hoping that a little girl will love them as much as I did. With all the new crazy stuff out now, she's going to think my stuff is lame!
I got her bow at the Quilted Bear in Provo. I love the cloth bows the best. They don't hurt her head!
She looks so big there! Next time you are in Vegas come over to my house, girl toys is ALL we have! Poor Billy. We do have Lincoln Logs and Lego's for Daddy play time though. It is nice that you have both!
She is so cute. I can't belive how big she is getting. I feel the same way about the Brats dolls. I won't let Kayley have any. Call me next time you come down. I want to see your cute baby's
Polly Pockets at about age 3!! I hate bratz, too.
Eww. Hate Bratz too!
Miss Ella looks so cute with her Barbie! We had so many boy/gender neutral toys forever. When Olivia got her first baby for Christmas she went girlie over night!
Post a Comment