Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This is me!



I'm starting to retain water, so I am feeling big and puffy all over. I walk really slow, and waddle as I go. My calves are the size of an NFL linebackers, and so is my appetite. Up until now, I was just fine with a bowl of cereal. Now, I want to eat all the time. I even wake up in the middle of the night to eat...and pee. That has become an every 2 hour ritual! I have a hard time going up and down the stairs without wanting to pass out. So I have to decide what is more important...my bed and the computer, or tivo and the kitchen. And sleeping, forget about it!!! My acid reflux is so bad that I can't sleep. Tums and Zantac don't work. My shoulders and hips hurt so bad when I lay down from all the extra weight. The babies are running out of room and I can grab body parts as they move around. I swear that Cole's head is so far down that he is going to fall out at any moment! I've got soooo much to do before these babies come, but don't have the energy to do most of it. Running errands wipes me out! I had a few things to do yesterday, and was in bed at 7 pm. I went through a lot to get to where I am today. I am grateful that everything has gone so well. I will someday miss being pregnant, but I am ready to be normal again. I know that my husband feels the same way. I'm sure he thinks this picture is more accurate!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

That's too funny! Are you having them on the 8th? I can't imagine what twins would feel like but you described it pretty well! At least the wait is almost over.

-KJ said...

If you are trying to convince some of us to never get pregnant again, it is working!
Ahhh! I feel soooo bad for you! However, I have a hard time believing you are as big as the Stay Puff!!! You are such a champ, and the end is in sight!
Have you picked the day yet?

VivaLasFloyds said...

You're a funny girl!! It's almost over...hang on!

Tiffany said...

I am so SURE you are that big...whatever girl! We saw the shower pics and you look fine!But I am sure you FEEL like that and I believe you! UGH! I remember feeling like my kids would just walk out! I am sorry but I am so excited for the CUTE babies coming! YAHOO! Lucky girl,you get two in one shot!

Taylor said...

I didn't know you were the Stay Puffed Marshmello Man?!?! If you want to get the baby's out then just cross the streams. Duh...haven't you seen that movie?

BTW: Don't forget about Vigo, the Master of Evil, and if he battles my boys, that ain't legal.
- Bobby B (Gohstbusters II)

Tara said...

You make me laugh....you looked great in your pictures, but I am sure you feel like crud! Hang in there!

Mel said...

Thanks for the encouragement!

Taylor, I think crossing the streams is what got me into this mess! Gotta be careful!

I go in on Tuesday to find out what our plan is. My guilty side is starting to take over though. I think I might want to hold out a little longer so I know they will be healthier. We'll see what the doctor says though.

Jill said...

umm, my bags are packed and ready to go when you are. So the sooner the better for me! I seriously can't wait....but could you clear some of that snow outta the way before I get there- I don't like that stuff!

Anonymous said...

If you do hold out until the 18th and can't take the heartburn, I know there is another pregnancy-safe medication that is much stronger than Zantac. My doctor gave me a prescription although I never got it because Zantac works fine for me. I think it is called Nexium??? (I am trying to read the doctor's handwriting). It is impossible to sleep with killer heartburn!

Tabatha & Michael Stimpson said...

Hey Melissa....its taken me some time to leave a comment so I hope you don't mind me doing so. I think you nailed it on the head with the marshmellow dude---i think all pregnant women felt that way...I know I did. It's always tough at the end of the pregnancy, but well worth it! Your boy by the way is adorable! He looks alot like an "avance" boy if i do say so myself...just like your dad and bro michael. I'm sorry to hear how difficult it has been, but you are being a true champ! Hang in there and when its time I know you will have soo much fun & joy with the new twins! Well, take care and I hope you get some much needed sleep. Congrats!!!
TAb--