Saturday, October 20, 2007

Get It!!!

If you don't have this book already...get it! I haven't been the best wife and mom at putting fruit and veggies on our table. During my morning sickness stage, I would throw up fruit and veggies. But, I could keep a bag of Cheetos down no problem! Go figure! My sister-in-law and I figured out that a 2x2 inch brownie has almost a full serving of vegetables. So, eat 5 and your good for the day! Ha Ha! No really...it's not just for getting your kids to eat healthy. It's for the whole family and makes you think more. Something I really struggle with


8 comments:

-KJ said...

My cousin just got this and said it was hard to find because it was selling out everywhere. Was it easy for you to find?
Are the recipes labor intensive?

Nichole said...

I saw it at Sam's Club. I wasn't sure if I should buy it though. How are the recipes? Can you taste the spinach in the brownies?

Michelle said...

I saw her on Oprah and now I really want her book. I thought it would work out good to puree foods for the baby and add some to our food too. Spencer isn't the healthiest eater but he said I can trick him so it's perfect.

Jill said...

I bought this the other day because I am the picky eater in my house and we always end up eating carrots or green beans. I haven't had time to try any of the recipes yet, but they look good.

Nicole said...

I saw her on Oprah the other day and have wanted to buy the book, I just haven't gotten around to it. What a good idea.

Mel said...

If you spend a little time each week puree-ing everything, and keep it in baggie in your fridge, it's not that bad. Just pull out what you need with each recipe. Pretty easy.
With the brownies, you have to eat them cold. If you eat them warm, you will taste the spinach.

Anonymous said...

Lots of Oprah watchers. (Me included). So do you need the puree thingy and the steamer for the vegetables, too? This is on my Christmas list.
BTW. I am so excited to see the pregnancy counter going down!!! What date is it set for again?

Nichole said...

Can you take your favorite recipe and post it for us? A free sneak peak!