Croup Strikes Again!
Jake and I woke up this morning around 1 o'clock to a horrible barking cough. Just like a seal! I swear I have never heard anything so aweful! Then Tyler came out of his room running around saying that he couldn't breathe. After reading Mandy's post about their episode with Dylan...I knew exactly what it was. Croup!
We rushed Tyler to the ER, and of course they took him right back. He got a little more attention than he was antisipating. Once they started hooking him up to the pulse-ox machine and got the breathing treatment ready, he turned to me and said, "But mom, I'm not dead!" Isn't that the saddest thing you have ever heard?
He wouldn't wear the mask so I had to hold the breathing tube up to his face the whole time. And I had to force him to take the meds. After that he just hung out and watched cartoons until they let us go home. We were all exhausted and slept in late this morning.
Jake is also sick, so I had to get out of the house. That is the last thing I needed! I am finally starting to feel better, and now I have to live with 2 sick-o's!
Tyler is doing much better today. No breathing problems. Just some coughing and a whole lot of whining.
Tomorrow I am going to open all the windows and air out my house. Lysol the whole stinkin' place! I don't want to get sick!








10 comments:
Dang girl what a night! Hope they feel better soon cause men are such babies when they're sick.
we thought dylan was getting better, but he took a turn last night. i was in the shower with him last night at 2:30 trying to get him calmed down so he could breath. hopefully tonight will be better. he has an appt. with the docot tomorrow. i hope you dont get sick too! so far no one else in our family has gooten sick
(knock on wood)
I hope both of your boys feel better!
That is the worst! Olivia got it last year when we went to Disneyland. It was so sad! She was a trooper though. Who wouldn't be in the happiest place on earth! Hope your boys get well soon!!!
Oooohh. Not so fun to be pregnant AND a nurse. Hopefully it won't last long.
Also I heard of an old wives tale for normal coughing, tried it, and I wasn't imagining, it worked! When your kid has a normal cough, (the one that isn't croup, and lasts like 3 weeks), you put the mentholatum stuff (the one you put on your chest for a cold-that comes in a dark blue jar) on the bottom of their feet and then put socks on. It helps I promise. Tyler loved it when I rubbed his feet with that.
Nightmare story-When I was pregnant with Emma and still really sick with an i.v.pole dragging around behind me Tyler and Hailey got this wierd vomiting virus where they would throw up about an hour after they went to sleep EVERY NIGHT FOR 3 WEEKS. And the worst part- I was out of my mind crazy and let Nate go to Alaska for fishing right before. NEVER AGAIN!
Moms rock.
That number is getting smaller under those 2 naked babies on the right. Yep yep!
Mandy, our doctor told us to take Tyler outside if his acted up again. Cold air.
Thanks everyone. I think they are both getting better. Tyler is playing like normal.
Carla, you are so right! Men are babies when they are sick. I laughed because Jake got a little taste of what I have been going through for the past 2 months.
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH! Get away from those sick boys;) You do not need to be getting sick!j/k, not really though! I am freaking out that all these kids are sick! You are awesome for taking care of the boys,yourself(I hope?) and those cute babies! Be good to yourself please! I am so glad that Tyler is feeling better!Paige and Ty just have bad colds nothing like Croup! I DO have to suck his snot out of his nose along with his brain guts with that green siringe. FUN! Moms do and see all!
i have been doing the vicks on the feet with dylan and it has seemed to help his cough. it never hurts to try
Hey Mel, it's Nicole I saw you on Ashlee Sorensen's blog and thought I would stop by. I hope Tyler gets feeling better. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add you as a friend on my blog. You can check out ours if you want.
www.themanuelefamily.blogspot.com
Post a Comment