The Belly!
Okay okay, here it is. It isn't the greatest picture, but my camera man is only 3 years old! I am 15 weeks now, heading into my 4th month. This picture doesn't look as big as I feel. I am still losing weight though from the vomiting. I had a doctor's appointment today. The babies are getting big, and are very wiggly!! We tried to find out the sex, but they were both moving around too much. Baby "A" even crossed it's legs when the doctor was trying to get a peak! So, we are going to have to wait a few more weeks.
I told Jake last night while I was lying in bed that I feel 'really big'. He just laughed at me, because I am not even halfway yet. A long road ahead, but things are going well. The doctor finally gave me some drugs for the morning sickness. Once I can get that under control, I will be happy.









19 comments:
You look so cute!!! I love the belly! I am quite impressed with Tyler's skills! I love that you can feel them. I think that is when it starts to get really fun. I am so excited for you!!!
You look great!
I know the feeling EXACTLY. I feel so huge,unhappy and sick, too!How nauseuted are you still and how often are you vomiting?? What does the doctor have you on? I need to know these things!
you look so cute! am i the only one who looks hideous when they are pregnant?
I need to post of picture of me prego with the twins. I took a picture the day I delivered. My good friend said I was as wide as I was out. Thanks alot! Don't worry, you look great, and it is all worth it.
You look really good! Hopefully you can get the puking under control quickly!
Wow! You look so good!I want a belly! That shirt color looks good on you and your hair is getting so long. Melissa,quit saying you are big,you are so not! You look so great! Keep posting the pics!Can I just borrow one of the babies for a while! I love babies!
I won't lie. I think your belly is big for 4 months....but appropriate. You are carrying twins for goodness sake. What is my excuse I wonder??? The rest of you looks great.
My friend is only 9 weeks and she is about as big as Stacey. She hates it, but I think the sooner you show the better. You don't have to tell everyone why you look and feel yucky (you don't look yucky!). Plus, to one asks me questions when I put more food down than my hubby!
Plus a basketball belly is a good physical reminder of why you are puking. Gosh it sucks. I had to vomit twice last night.(Both dinners) It wears you down, huh? What a humbling and depressing trial.
If any of us NON-prego girls want to diet we can just come to Melissa and Staceys blog and read about them puking up their dinners,snacks,lunch and whatever;) You guys are such sports and I know there are HUGE blessings that will come from this for you! YOu girls rock! Love ya!
Stacey~my doctor put me on this medication called phenergan. It hasn't really helped though. I still feel sick. I was throwing up all day last Tuesday until I went to bed, and then woke up Wednesday morning and started right back up again. It was aweful! I have only thrown up once a day since then, so it might be getting better. (knock on wood!)
My worry with getting big so fast is finding maternity clothes that are going to last. Some of the clothes that I wore with Ty are too small for me already. I might have to resort to the moo-moos!
Hey Mel,
I have a friend who gets crazy sick every pregnancy. IV's and everything. Anyway, she takes 4 phenagrans a day. I don't know if that will help you or not. See if the doc will up the perscription.
No no no. I have done the phenergan fake junk everytime, (even suppositories because I would just throw them up again). The doctor is most likely making you do that first because it is part of a "protocol" with your insurance. They always make you try that first to weed out the not-as-sick pregnant woman because they can't tell otherwise, but call you doctor and say it hasn't made a dent, and you need something else. I have tried everything, and the only thing that has worked is a combo of Zofran/Vistiril. Zofran seems to be the magic drug for most woman but I am concerned it won't work as well for you because you are already 4 months. (I knew to start it at 6 weeks so I wouldn't go down as bad, but with Emma I tried it too late and it didn't help at all). It takes a few days to get in your system and is kind of expensive even with insurance, but I know the desperation if you are really bad. Otherwise, hang in there! It sucks big time I know. (If you really dehydrated-like peeing only 1-2 a day-go to the hospital e.r. and get fluids through an i.v. It is so important to keep up on your hydration or you will end up with a 3 month i.v. with home health care nurses and steroids. I had to learn the hard way with Emma!)I am taking 4 mg Zofran/4 times daily and a Visitril/4 times daily, with an an anti-nausea multi-vitamin with a higher dose of vitamin B6. Another common medication OTC is a combo of Vitamin B6/Unisom (the tablet form not the gel). Ask your doctor about it, but you have to take both to make it work.
Sorry so long. I have such deep experience with this and so whenever I hear of an overly-sick prego, I want to help. The doctors always seem to think "Aw, she will get over it. It's just morning sickness", but you know if it is worse than morning sickness. Please email me if you have any other questions. And check out the mother section question-and-answer part on www.hyperemisis.org. It helps and gives good ideas.
And if you find a place that sells moo-moos, let me freaking know! That is all I want,too. Let's see who gains the most weight. (Which is depressing because you are carrying twins). ughh I wish I was Tiffany right now and loved being pregnant.
Oh my crap that was long.
I'm sorry you and Stacey are still feeling sick. That's so cool that you ca feel the babies already! Sometimes I think I feel the baby kick but I'm not sure. You look great. I feel big already too!
I love a pregnant belly, as long as it is not on me!
Hang in there!!
I agree, Phenergan is junk, even for non-prego's!
In a few years you won't remember any of this...maybe!
Thanks, I have figured that out now! But, I don't think I need meds anymore...still knocking on wood. I am starting to feel so much better. My appetite is coming back, and I don't feel quite as sick during the day.
Keep it in mind for the next round of twins. :)
Post a Comment