Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Tulip Festival

For those of you who can't come visit this beautiful place, I thought I would share some pictures. These are the gardens at Thanksgiving Point.























































29 comments:

Mandy said...

so pretty! it looks like spring has sprung! i just LOVE tulips! i like the pic of you and tyler. you guys look so cute!

-KJ said...

Thanks Mel! I know you ran over there just for me! ;) I can't believe I missed it again this year! I live your bag, by the way!!! I heart purses!

Anonymous said...

Just like a mini Holland. I can't believe I missed it either. My brother Kyle went and has pictures on his blog. (His one and only entry).

www.kylestucki.blogspot.com

(P.S. Melissa, I just emailed Kristi Reber and her and Ryan are going to the temple for the first time after 10 years. I told her to start a blog so I can see some pics. Awesome, huh!)

Nichole said...

Beautiful!
Where is that?

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing! I would have loved to see it for myself, but I am stuck in Vegas with this warm weather. I love tulips!. My girlfriend who lives in Paris went to Holland last week and she took some similar pictures of the flower fields there. There is a link to her blog from mine. Her name is Sina Jones.

You look great Mel!

Tiffany said...

Those are so pretty!And by the way Melissa you look really good.Have you lost more weight? You look really different from the last time I saw you.Looking hot man!

Mel said...

No, but thank you! I am hiding behind my purse!

Stacey~it is so good to hear that Kristi is doing well. It's been years since I have seen her. Tell her I said hi.

Nichole~Thanksgiving Point is here in Lehi. It acres of fun stuff like these gardens, dinasaur museum, movie theatres, shopping. Fun for the whole family!

KJ and Stacey~the flowers will be around for a while if you guys want to come. I saw a bunch of girls having picnics on the grass and letting their kids run. We could do that one day!
Everyone could come if you all wanted to drive up here for lunch! Ha Ha!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that idea. I think I saw that it is going to be cold next week, but I will check. Also, how do you like Lehi Melissa? Just tonight Nathan and I drove up there through Saratoga Springs. We are considering a move. Nathan wants to be by the lake.

Tiffany said...

Melissa your purse looks so much like mine.

Mel said...

I actually really like living here. It's halfway between Provo and Salt Lake. We love the area we live in. We looked in Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mountain when were were trying to find a house. I don't know if they have changed it, but there was only a 2-way road to get out there from the freeway. So the morning and evening traffic is a nightmare. It would have been a 45 minute commute to work for Jake. It's growing like crazy, so hopefully they change it. It would be nice to live by a lake.

Anonymous said...

Yes I know. From what I hear they are building 2 more roads because that is the biggest complaint of those that live there. I want them to build a huge bridge across the lake!

-KJ said...

How come no one is moving to Davis County? It is awesome here! Jerks. Everyone always wants ME to do the driving! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the tulips in Utah. Great pics.

Mel said...

KJ, I think I remember you saying that all of your friends up there are moving down here. So c'mon...everyone is doing it. Forget building a house in Kaysville! You need to be closer to your friends and family in good ole' Utah County!

Tiffany said...

Sad Sad Sad :( :(!! I miss you guys! I am not sure where I would pick to live if I lived there?hummmmm?

Nichole said...

Can someone post a map of Utah ;)... I am so lost!!
I was just reading an article about Utah, "How did one state get so lucky?" was the title. It sounds true!

-KJ said...

Too bad we started our house TODAY! Utah really is a great state. I would say it is a toss up between here and Cali. No joke! We just don't have beaches. The water at Bear Lake looks like the Caribbean though, just deceptively cold!

Tiffany said...

Yippee for you Kissy!!! I am so excited for you!I can't wait to see it.Save a room for me and a room where we can talk until the wee hours in the morning :)

Mel said...

Does any place really compare to California? I don't know...

Anonymous said...

Utah has lakes, mountains, strong communities, large lds influence, wholesome atmosphere, every sport imaginable, 4 seasons, the arts, great colleges, shopping everywhere, support in being a stay-at-home-mom, affordable housing, driving distance to beach/vacations/Las Vegas, "modern" communities AND quiet farm communities. Sounds pretty decent to me. (Not the strongest job economy though).

-KJ said...

Stacey, you need to run for public office or something! All those things are fabulous reasons to live here. It beats Cali in affordability by far! I also love that most women here stay at home. It feels so great being validated as a mother by other women.

Mel said...

Stacey, they need to put up billboards all over the state of you holding a sign that says,
"I heart Utah!" It's good that you love it so much, because I am still need to be convinced! I'm getting there though!

Anonymous said...

I do love Utah. I hope you can too Melissa. But if you end up not loving it and move to California, you know I will come and visit, because it IS the best vacation place close by.

Tiffany said...

Utah is a great place thats for sure. I have always liked it there.Kennewick is great too.Not as fast paced as Vegas and affordable too! Thats the best part!

Nichole said...

Vegas is getting cheaper by the day! Tons of repo's available if anyone is considering coming "home"!
Give me a call and I can set you up with all of cool Vegas stay-at-home mommy stuff. Great job market and no state tax!

Taylor said...

No offense to Stacey 'cause I have heard the argument time and time again, I may have even used it. The "four seasons" argument is bull-o-knee!!! Especially when you are comparing Utah to So Cal. Let's name the four seasons; Spring: We all love it and Utah has a wonderful spring. San Diego has an 8 month spring. Summer: I have live in Utah and they are hot; hot enough to have a seven peaks water resort. San Diego has a "hot" 1 month, but the AC is not even needed to be turned on. Fall: Utah has a beautiful fall, that is the only thing I will give you, but if I want to see the leaves change I can drive 30 minutes to Julian, CA. Winter: Who likes the snowy cold. When we started blogging all I 'member are ya'll saying how much you loathed the snow. San Diego has a month of "cold" weather. If I want the snow once again I can drive 30 minutes to Julian, CA. Also Big Bear has great skiing and snowboarding and it is not far away. There are TONS of mormons in so cal, we have great beaches, hills, mountains, better schools, free programs for children, temples, disneyland, sea world, knotts berry farm, universal studios, flowers along the freeway, vines hanging from the overpasses, palm trees, cheap food (especially incredible fruit), museums, lakes, I honestly could go on for weeks. I have lived in Utah, San Diego, and Vegas...San Diego wins by a landslide. Plus my wife is HAWT and if you want to look classy "You godda get yur-a-self some Mwable Cawlums"

Taylor said...

Note: That probably should have been its own post but...

Mel said...

Amen Tay! Jake wants to hug you for that one!

Mel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.