Mel Factoids
I know everyone is tired of pulling up my blog and seeing pictures of my son crying, so I thought I would make a list of fun things about me. This is kind of putting myself out there, so be kind with your comments!
1. I am a great gift giver
2. I have purse ADD and have to change my purse every few months. It drives my husband crazy
3. My celebrity crush is Paul Walker. He's a hunk! (Eight Below)
4. I kind of have a foot fettish. My toenails must be painted at all times!
5. To go with #4...I love pedicures
6. I have never broken a bone...knock on wood
7. I love to scrapbook
8. I have been in 3 big car accidents, none of which were my fault
9. My only request for my birthday every year is a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake
10. I wish I liked to run, but I don't
11. I was a very shy child, I think I still am
12. I have a condition called PCOS which makes it very difficult for me to have children. My doctors say it is hereditary, but I am the first known case in my family...Hmmmm
13. My entire family is certified in scuba diving, but none of our spouses are...yet
14. I got a scholarship to play volleyball, but it was short lived because I tore my rotator cuff
15. I went on to coach club volleyball for 3 years
16. I am a 3rd generation Las Vegan
17. I love to dance
18. I was not an emotional person until I got married and now I cry all the time. Especially when people talk about their families. I love family!
19. I have the world's most comfortable bed
20. My favorite flower is the lilly
21. I have huge hands
22. One of my favorite treats is a cranberry vanilla slush from Sonic
23. If you gave me the choice between 10 days in Europe of 3 days on a beach...I would pick the beach everytime
24. I grew up the 2nd oldest of 7 kids, but became the oldest when I was 14 by default. I really miss my brother!
25. I did gymnastics for 8 years and had to stop because I got too tall
26. Watching TV in bed calms me down before I go to sleep
27. I love my husband's and son's laughs...they are great!
28. I am stubborn
29. I had very green eyes when I was little, but now they are hazel
30. I am the oldest of 50+ grandkids
31. Used to do photography
32. If there is a piece of paper around, I will doodle on it...without even thinking about it
33. My family has a really fun house in Mexico and we try to go at least twice a year
34. I was in the medical field for 8 years doing billing
35. I had my papers in to go on a mission before I met my husband
36. I don't really like to clean house, but I love it when my house is clean. Figure that one out!
37. I was really smart until I got to high school, then my social side took over
38. I love to take really hot showers
39. I think DVR is one of the best inventions to date...along with laser hair removal
40. I worked on a few TV shows when I was single living in Vegas. I met and worked with a lot of really famous people. It was a blast! And who can forget the show, "Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?" I was there through all the drama. I don't know if I should be proud of that, but it was fun!
41. My husband and I would like to end up in California someday
42. I think girls playing basketball is really awkward
43. I don't believe in soul mates, but I made a damn good choice!
44. I play the piano, but won't play in public
45. I was born into, and married into 2 wonderful families. I am very blessed!








26 comments:
Tell us Mel, where exactly did you have hair lasered?
its nice to know these little tidbits about you!
By the way, I second #42! I hate chick basketball!
Amen!!! Chick basketball is like watching Deacon basketball, but if the deacons had boobs. In other words it is like watching Kenny Webster, as a deacon, play basketball. Sorry Kenny, I love ya.
I don't like to run either... I defend girls playing basketball only to get Kenny mad... but really want to pull my hair out while watching. Watching tv in bed is my favorite thing. I don't think you are that stubborn.
Thanks for the visual Tay! Did he play shirts or skins? Yucky!
What kind of photography?
And my celebrity hunk is Sean Connery. Even if he is 114 years old...
I have a huge crush on Sean Connery too (see my profile). There is still something sexy about that man, even if he is old enough to be my grandpa. I started my crush way back when with "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". Do you remember that one? I have a weak spot for his accent.
We used to watch that movie every St. Patrick's Day in the Oblad house. We would also eat Cornbeef and Cabbage, which is a very underated Irish dish that I love. I love being from da mothaland. And my celebrity hunk is Freddie Prince Jr.
She used to do nude photos, but then the prophet kinda came down on that whole "pornography" thing. She said she always did them tastefully though.
No, no, no... I think #1 should still be: I SLEEP WITH MY EYES OPEN!!! That still kinda freaks me out. At least your kids will never dare try to sneak around when you're "asleep".
And the celebrity hunk would be Gerard Depardeu.
I am with Melissa! Paul Walker is so fine!
Sorry about Ryan. You knew he was going to bring it up sooner or later.
I keep trying to think of who my celebrity crush is. I can't come up with one! Although, if I could spend a day with any guy celebrity it would probably be Jimmy Fallon. That guy rocks.
Don't apologize for me. It's a very endearing quality of Melissa. It's as though she's always awake...staring. haha, you know I love ya!
Oh, and I once ran into Kenny Webster playing shirts and skins and he was skins and I almost gave up basketball there and then. I took like four showers. I think Kenny is the greatest, I just hate other guys sweat for some weird reason.
Poor Websters. They sweat like sprinklers!
your right about being a great gift giver....my bridal shower i did recieve some awesome poses of taylor in a bikini. very fun to open in front of ALL my family and friends. thanks melissa!
I was in Vegas for the weekend, that's why I haven't commmented.
Ryan~thanks for the reminders, but you know something funny...my son sleeps with his eyes open too. It's in the family!
You're welcome Mandy! Those pictures made for a good time at your bridal shower! I might have more scary photos. I will have to check.
Its too bad we don't have pictures of us TRYING to work out to "Reach." We needed video of that crap! Nothing pumps me up more that Ms. Gloria Estavan!
Everytime I open this and see Mel's Factoid I start to honk shoe honk shoe
Michelle and I did similar posts, "100 things you might not know about me..."
Lists are fun!
Post a Comment