Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Tantrums

These pictures are a follow up to Stacey's post on her blog about toddlers throwing tantrums. This was at our house in Vegas. Tyler was 23 months old in these pictures. After putting him back in his crib 20, 30, and one time I counted 66 times...we finally locked him in his room. (Again, child services need not be involved!) Usually he would crawl back in his bed, or fall asleep on the floor. When I went to check on him this time, this is what I found. He emptied every drawer and every shelf. Ugh! He's a great kid though, and it's something we all laugh about now. I think it is all something we have to go through. Gotta love 'em!






57 comments:

-KJ said...

I LOVE taking pictures of Spencer when he is mad! It makes him even more crazy, but at least I am laughing my head off instead of coming up with ways to hurt him! I did what Tyler did to his room when I was little, and my mom said "oh, that's too bad, now you have a messy room." I freaked cause I hated messes. She got me good. She was a genius.

Tara said...

Thanks Mel! It makes me feel better knowing my child is not the only child that does things like that.

Mandy said...

I think you junxed me. Derek had not even attempted to climb out of his crib...EVER and what does he do today. CLIMB OUT!! It has take me an hour to get him to take his nap. I think he just got worn out from all the climbing out of the crib and finally went to sleep. He was gettting so mad at me though. I would peek at him through the door and watch him climb out and then put him right back in. He looked at me like "are you kidding me? I just got out of here!"

-KJ said...

I just pulled Spencers crib mattress out and put it on the floor and had him sleep in his sleeping bag. I was so scared he would break his neck! I already had to do stitches with him, and I didn't need broken bones. It only works when they can't open the door. If they can it becomes a whole new game! Little turkeys!

Mel said...

Sorry Mandy! Yeah, once Tyler learned he could crawl out, he never stayed in his bed. That's when we converted it to a toddler bed and got him "Bob the Builder" bedding. It was exciting for about 3 days, then it was another battle to keep him in his room. Our new thing is Ty gets a treat in the morning if he stays in his room all night. He thinks it's okay to sleep with mom and dad. Yeah, it's not happenin'! So bribes work really well!

-KJ said...

NEVER, I repeat never, let your child sleep with you! We have never let Spence do it, but one morning he woke up at 5:00, so I let him crawl in with me. He thought he was going to sleep with us that night, and he had only been in our bed for 2 hours that day. Once they get the flava they want more!

Anonymous said...

Um Melissa. Everytime I check your blog, I see poor Tyler-the-terror being a pyscho in his room! Give him a new reputation! How about you update us on your reunion work? Or how about we relive the good ole days. You know, like when we were obssesed with the North Las Vegas boys. Ooooo, I was always so excited to get a report from you after the ball gmaes. ANY quote from Joe Owens, and the rest of my day I was in high heaven. You know you were like that too!!

Mel said...

Wow, that sure does bring back a lot of memories! In fact, I got out my old stake yearbooks a few weeks ago and saw all of their pictures. I will have to do some digging and find out what they are all up to. That's good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Last I heard Joe had 2 kids. Maybe more? Kristi and Ryan Rosemeyer are married with (I think) 3 kids. I hear they became pretty active in the church after her Dad died. And when I was 19 I almost had a date with Joe. Met up with him at a fireworks party (with my ex-stepdad). Talked and flirted. He asked me out for the next day, so I got all ready, but he called and told me where to meet him downtown. I was so mad because I wanted a real date, I didn't go. Oh well, his loss. :)(Although I was dissapointed. This was JOE we were talking about, hello!) He will always be my biggest-crush-who-had-no-interest-in-me-whatsoever.

Mandy said...

hey the rosemeyers and the owens where in my ward growing up!! joe was one of my uncle tugs best friends along with the rosemeyer boys and mono! (they werent always the best of boys!!) your fireworks party...was that at the 24th of july at the walnut and carey building?? thats across the street from my parents house. and bytheway i remember all the girls thinking joe was cute! those ballbark summer days where great. i loved when that was the big thing to do during the week. ahhh, memories.

Anonymous said...

I heard of Tug. And I am sure that I was at alot of the same parties as you Mandy. The 24th of July celebrations were SOOOOOOO fun. The fireworks were done by my ex-stepdad Alonzo Stephens, and my stepdad was the live country band. Wierd thing is at my stepdad's family reunion is where I met Joe (and Matt Stephenson). Joe was my step cousin-in-law! Kissing cousins! (Matt was my first kiss, but Joe was my second, and way more heart-fluttering.) It sounds gross, but we weren't blood related.

Mel said...

Stacey, Joe did like you...but he used the excuse you lived too far away and didn't go to all of our stake things. He shot me down too, because he said I was too young for him. Whatever! And Matt Stephenson...wow! Do you know I was very close to marrying him? It's funny how things work out, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Mandy said...

didnt all you girls like jimmy smith too? we are related as well funny stuff!

Taylor said...

Stacey did you know that Mandy's dad was the lead singer, and still is, of that live country band with your ex-step uncle. I didn't know Bobby was in that band too; or was there two bands with dueling guitar-playing brothers. I am not sure if you remember this, but Stacey whose country wedding did we go to where Bobby played in it. I kept telling Mandy about it and I know she must have been there at the same time (because he Dad was the singer), but I cannot remember whose it was. If you can't remember that's OK.
Also if you ever had the Bar-B-Q beef sandwiches at one of those 24th shin-digs. That was the cooking of Mandy's Grandpa. I am so upset we will miss this year's festivities. I know how much my most fabulous beautiful glorious wife loves them. What a small world we live in, and I can remember how much I hated those North Las Vegas boys. The funny thing is now I know most of them. Pretty funny huh?

Mel said...

Yeah, I dated Jimmy Smith for a while too. He was my first date when I turned 16. We dated for a few months and then I found out he broke off a date with me one night, and went out with Stacey. Did he think I wasn't going to find out? What a jerk!

And yes, the BBQ sandwichs are what we all went for, right? Then my parents would buy the leftovers and we would eat it for a week afterwards. Those were really good times! Good ole' North Stake!

Anonymous said...

I remember when mom would call us all into the front room and we would peek out the window and watch you making out with Jimmy Smith or was it Eddie Thomas or was it Cody? Probably all of them.

Mandy said...

ha ha thats funny jill!! hey how are you guys? tell robby i said hi. are you still in st. george?

Anonymous said...

Oh shiza! Melissa, I didn't know Jimmy broke off a date with you to go out with me?!? I only went on that one date and that is all. It petered out after that. No wonder I wasn't getting the best vibe from you then! And I CERTAINLY never made out with him in a car! (Ha, thanks for that info!)But I do rememeber the best bbq in the world at the parties. Vegas WAS a small world back then. Taylor, I agree that you do have a beautiful fabulous wife. Interesting how things work out. I probably walked by your future wife many times. I am ESPECIALLY glad I never "got" to date Joe. I was only a little 13 year old when I fell for him, and his crowd was too naughty for such a young girl who didn't know how to stand her ground.
I have to say I don't remember the wedding. I try to block out most memories of Bobby. But do you remember Bobby constantly practising that bass guitar to Shania Twain at my house? ("Wild Horses...")His room was under my bedroom and he would practice until 10:00 or 11:00 at night the same song over and over.... Drove me insane. And last but not least:
a)Melissa, why didn't you marry Matt? What happenend?
b)Joe didn't like me. At least not enough to chase me. Sounds like he had a bunch of excuses. But he did have the cutest laugh ever.:)To finish off my report, I agree that things turned out the correct way. We are all married to the right people. But it is fun to "remember when" with you all.

-KJ said...

Holy crap! You guys hung out with a whole other crowd I never heard of. I didn't even know about the 24th thing until my cousin Stacey was in that stake. Mel, you were always workin' the guys! How many guys, truely, were you close to marrying? Does Jake know about them? Good thing the only hubby who reads these is Tay! Back in the day, when I was young, I'm not a kid anymore. . . who sung that Tay?

Mandy said...

i agree wih you stacey, it all works out the way it is supposed to be and it sure is fun to "remember when". the best is looking at old pictures and seeing the crazy hairstyles and clothes we wore, or even better watching old home movies. i really get a kick out of that!

Anonymous said...

One more thing. If all the people who have written on this email (Me Melissa Mandy Kjersten Jill Taylor)were sitting in a room, do you think the conversation would EVER get to this? (past crushes, making out in cars , dating, parties, bbq sandwiches,etc.) It would be way weird. Blogs and emails are crazy like that, you think?

Anonymous said...

I never had crazy hair. (Ask Kjersten. She said I never have bad hair. I can prove it!)

Anonymous said...

AUGGGGGGG. But I do have a great video! Let's watch our really bad but SOOOOO fun Micheal Jackson lip synch. It's okay if everyone wants to make fun. It has been a decade. The sad thing is that my mom said my body LOOKS like Micheal Jackson's in that video. How pathetic. (But we did tie for 3rd place huh Mel).

Anonymous said...

I promise I am a good mother even though I just did 4 email entries in a row. I am getting off now, and won't check back until the kids are asleep.

Mandy said...

i wonder if your right stacey? i went out with some girls the other night, and i dont know them as well as i know you guys on here and we got to talking about some of these same things and more!!! your lucky if you never had bad hair!! when i was little my grandma insisted she give us haircuts and i had a mullet!! taylor makes fun of me all the time. and i did at some point have the big utah claw abngs, you know with half your bangs hairsprayed up and the other half curled under, but that was the style then...right? =) i think i had pretty good hair in high school though!

Mandy said...

my boys are asleep so thats my excuse for lingering around on these blogs!! and i have seen your lip synch! so funny. i dont remember who was all in the video but, tara has one of you guys practicing your grease dance. quite funny also

-KJ said...

Hey Mel, two words for you. Egg whites. Ha ha ha! We smelled so bad all day and our hair never worked!

Taylor said...

Hello, going way back to KJ's blog about "back in the day" That is on my list Kissy. Did you not go through it? And I agree with my hot beautiful feminine non-masculine wife that I think the conversations would go a-crazy if we all go together. Everytime I see Mel somehow we get on the conversation about when we didn't like eachother and I said some hurtful things, she made fun of me and then we laugh. It is awesome. I did the egg thing in my hair once. It was the day we had crazy hair day Senior year of High School. Looking back that was the best my hair looked on any day duirng high school. That's weird huh?

Taylor said...

Also KJ, Tiff Zimm, and myself won the whole thang Sophmore year. Also we "coreographed" our dance the night before auditions. When we were in theatre together we were supposed to be practicing but we went out into the lobby and made fun of Tiff's broken leg all class long. Also for our final exam us three were in a one act play together. Once again we practiced zero times before we performed. Yeah we were ghetto because we wrote all of our lines on magazines and anything that was made of paper that happened to be on the set. We got A's. KJ remember when Mrs. Drunk-Hammered ran into the fire hydrant? Awesome. Also Melissa, your boy can throw a tantrum.

Taylor said...

Stacey does your Mom have our last choir performance on video. The one where I began to dance during "In the jungle"? My parents were always to tight to buy a video camera. Actually they still do not have one. If I want to live my childhood over again I have to find friends that taped things when we were younger, and then ask if I could borrow them. Can anyone dig some of the old stuff out.

-KJ said...

Hey Tay, remember when we played scharades in drama and you got "Sliver" (I don't think that was the name) or whatever that Sharron Stone movie was. None of the girls could guess what you were doing. You were humping the floor and stabbing a person with your ice pick! Classic!

Anonymous said...

Yes I have the choir video. And I am 75% sure my mom got you on it. My Mom did video some of our senior prom and you guys are all in it. Cam is doing a stupid dance on it. Speaking of Cameron, where is he? Anyway, Taylor, your "egg white" hair is in our senior yearbook. I know because my big yellow flower wanna-be beehive is in it, too. I'm going to have to get that out and look at it soon.Speaking of hair and Stacey-your-cousin, I sat behind her in orchestra and loved her hair.Voted "best hair" right? Kjersten, remember when you called me fickle in choir? That stuck with me forever. You were partly right and partly wrong. But it did make me think about it...(even now!)

Anonymous said...

I will be in Vegas in April and will find the videos. I am making me copies so I will make an extra copy for anyone that wants one. It isn't a ton but it is something.

Anonymous said...

I also have a video my mom took of our senior year Homecoming pep-rally-thingy (I can't remember what those are called. Where the whole school is in the stands?) Anyway, Taylor you were at the microphone talking.

-KJ said...

Why did I call you fickle? I totally don't remember that! I hope I wasn't being mean!!! If I was (and it was over Tay, I was probably just being protective) I am sorry! Who knows whats going to fly out of my mouth. I still don't know how to control it. I think half the time I am just being funny, but it doesn't come out sounding that way!

-KJ said...

Hey, are you being fickle again? Partly right, partly wrong? Make up your mind already! Just kidding!!!

Taylor said...

Cam and I were in the same ward for about year. He was my home teacer. He had a little pin headed boy last October. I really can't remember what they named him. I think it was Schong Lee. He is doing quite well selling insurance with his brother-in-law (and ex-kind of to Rachel) Mikela Schoeler. We used to have dinner with him and his wife quite often.

Taylor said...

Actually his name is not Mikela. But b/c I cannot remember his name ever...that is what I call him. Plus he can swang those hips when he plays the bass. I don't think he can play "Wild Horses" though.

Anonymous said...

Kjersten, I forgive you. At least I think I do. I'll get back to you once I decide...

Mel said...

So much to comment on...here goes!

Cameron is doing really well. He just opened a new office by the Costco in Aliante. His little boy's name is Breyden, and he is still doing firesides. He does work with Makeli and Becca is their receptionist. Gotta keep it all in the family! And Tay, I think Makeli could only play the bass if his shoes were off. It was a requirement along with the hip jive!

Stacey~I wrote Matt Stephenson his entire mission and was there when he got home. I remember him kissing me the night he got home (after being released of course) because he was chewing "Big Red" gum and I HATE "Big Red"! It's nasty! Anyway, we dated for a little while, but he got too serious way too quickly and it freaked me out. I was in my first semester of college and was only 18. I wasn't ready to get married. So, I broke things off, which made him mad, but hey...it worked out for the best.

KJ~the eggs whites wasn't even funny. Do you remember how much hair I had? Best Hair '97 Yeah!

Taylor~I don't remember ever hating you? I have always loved you...from the beginning! Did you hate me? Wait a minute...I think everyone hated me at some point in high school. Please forgive her...she knows not what she does!

Stacey~ Yeah, we won the lip sync, but I think you are the only one that ever profitted from it! You got the prize money, but the rest of us never saw a penny! It's okay though...times were probably tough. I understand! Ha!

Mel said...

And to my sister, who decided to drop a line...SSSHHHHHH!

-KJ said...

Mel, I never hated you! I was just happy to have more than one friend that was a girl! By the way, I love that your whole fam would watch you make out! Ha ha! I would die!

Taylor said...

Of course I didn't hate you. We just had a two week scuffle over ....dum dum dum The Notebook!!! Notebook!! Notebook! Notebook. notebook (That is how I would define an echo literarily) Man I hated that thing and thanks to Rob Bechtol I got to read it. To this day I have not idea how Rob got it? Can one of ya'll tell me how that happened.

Anonymous said...

well, I was seriously considering doing this whole blog thing, but now that I know I can tell your secrets I dont need to. Now you can't leave comments on my page if I dont have one. Wait....I guess you could just leave them here so that defeats my whole idea- crap!! I'm sorry- I wont tell your secrets.

Mel said...

Stacey and I thought about that stupid notebook just a few weeks ago. That was such a stupid idea. Girls! And I don't know how Rob got it. We thought we gaurded that thing with our lives. Sorry Taylor, we didn't mean to gossip to hurt anyone's feelings. Girls just gossip...that's what we do!

And my family watching me make out only happened once. It was my first kiss with Cody. I was mortified when I found out and my family still talks about it all the time. I learned my lesson and only made out 'away' from my parents property!

Mel said...

Stacey and I thought about that stupid notebook just a few weeks ago. That was such a stupid idea. Girls! And I don't know how Rob got it. We thought we gaurded that thing with our lives. Sorry Taylor, we didn't mean to gossip to hurt anyone's feelings. Girls just gossip...that's what we do!

And my family watching me make out only happened once. It was my first kiss with Cody. I was mortified when I found out and my family still talks about it all the time. I learned my lesson and only made out 'away' from my parents property!

Taylor said...

Mel could you tell me the story about the notebook and how your family watched you make out ONE MORE TIME? PLEASE!!

Taylor said...

Plus don't worry about it. It is a hillarious part our past that we will never forget. I don't even remember what you said about anyone...BUT ME YOU LITTLE.... J/K I really have no idea what was put in that thing.

Mel said...

Sorry about the double printing, I was distracted!

Anonymous said...

Wait wait wait. Back up a few entries ago where Melissa insulted my moral being! How did we skip that!?! Never ever ever would I steal anything from anybody.(At least not since I stole the blue care bear when I was 6 years old from my cousin).Not only did I NOT take the prize money, but I don't recall any prize money in the first place! And you better believe if that DID happen, my crazy pyscho concience would NEVER let me go a decade without making it right. I would have sent everyone their money with an apology. But I know without a doubt that I would NOT do that. There must have been wrong information or confusion somewhere along the line. And if I AM wrong, I am mailing you a check for $100.00 so you can feed your Tyler for a year.
But other than breaking up other girls relationships by stealing their boyfriends, taking money that wasn't mine, and gossiping I was an O.K. person, right? Quoting Alli Fantastico, "Shoosh"...(She told me I could say that.)

Mandy said...

i think you are now the record holder for most comments on one post. congrats!

Mel said...

Stacey, if you didn't get the prize money then I believe you. It was just something one of the other girls told me way back when. I didn't think we would get anything for 3rd place anyway. Maybe a swift kick in the butt and a "good try"! And you are a fantastic person! Much better than I. Don't get all defensive...it's all in fun!

-KJ said...

Geeze, you guys are catty for being such good friends! Reeer! Just kidding! I just wanted to make it "53 comments"

Anonymous said...

Oh crap! I am not offended, just don't want to look like I cheat my friends! And we are all friends for sure!! (Right Cindy Crawfish? Miss Model you sexy thing.)54.

-KJ said...

55

Mel said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe you remember that road show. Wow! That's funny!

-KJ said...

this is fun! 57