My 2x2
Ever since the twins were born, people always say to me, "Oh, I want twins so bad. That would be so much fun". I just smile and laugh a bit. They have no idea!
I swear the twins decided together that it would be fun to start their 'terrible 2's" a little early. Their madness started about 2 months ago. I am just now getting around to posting about it. The two of them are quite the team. Always getting into EVERYTHING, and always making messes. It never ends! And the fighting...heaven help me! They have started pounding on each other. They always want to sit on my lap, but they won't sit together. My 2x2 don't like to share! Gasp! As if I didn't know that would become a problem at some point. They want their own stuff, and their own mom time. And if they don't get it, they hit each other. Oh, we are working on it. Taking turns and sharing are a daily struggle around here!
I grew up with a set of 2x2. I should have been prepared for this right? My mom was always complaining about how my brothers were a handful and they really were. I remember all the messes they used to make. But, I wasn't the mom then. I didn't have to care.
Now I have to care, if we are all going to make it through this life!
I have had to put the gate back up at the top of the stairs. It was originally put there to keep them from falling down. They have mastered coming down the stairs, so we took it down a while ago. Now it's back up. Not for falling, but for keeping them on the same level of the house as I am. If they aren't...it's bad news! If I am downstairs and they are up, I can hear all kinds of things going on. Mainly, getting into my make-up. I don't know why it is so fascinating, but they are always in my bathroom. (They got me new make-up for Christmas, because they have ruined everything I had!)
If I am upstairs, and they are down...it is usually the kitchen chairs. Screeching across the kitchen floor. They are good at maneuvering them around to where they want to be. Getting into the pantry, on the kitchen table for my purse,etc.
And it seems that one of them is always the "look-out" person. When they hear me coming, my 2x2 have some kind of signal to the other to hurry up! Oh man, they wear me out!
Ella, she is the messiest one. Cole is the most devious one.
Ella has found a love of coloring on the walls. I have thrown away all markers in the house. No need for those. Crayons are kept up high and are only allowed when I am present. She is also my little soda addict. She loves soda and will drink it all day if you let her. (Of course I don't.) I need to kick my habit, for me and for her! She also has a little OCD problem. She likes to empty kleenex boxes and the baby wipe boxes. Take all of them out, one by one. Then put them all back in. Continue this for a while. She started doing this when she was old enough to sit up. I don't know why. It's really annoying to have to clean that up when she has taken them all out, and then found something else to do. Especially the wipes. There has been numerous times that I have been too late! Gone in her room after her nap to find an entire box of wipes, completely dry! Ggggrrrrr! And she is sooo emotional. She has an ear-piercing cry! When she gets teased or falls down, the world is over as she knows it. Cole is really good about pushing her buttons. If he knows he has something she wants, he'll say, "Come get it". Then when she gets close, he snatches it and runs away. Then she screams! Fun times!
Cole, oh Cole! He is such a handful! But, he is the most hilarious boy you will ever meet! It is hard sometimes to discipline him and keep a straight face, because he makes the funniest faces or comments and I end up laughing. ( My brother Jimmy was like this. Actually he still is!)
He is my climber. He gets into everything! He likes to empty my purse. Take every piece of gum out of the wrappers, take a bite of each one, and them throw them on the floor. He also loves to do everything Tyler does, so all of Ty's stuff he thinks is his too. Cole is talking...a lot. He repeats everything you say. Some of his favorites seem like..."Don't, It's mine, Ella girl, Move, watch out", oh I could go on and on. He doesn't like to be by himself. My 2x2 were getting into too much trouble during naptime. They would empty every drawer and every shelf and jump on their beds. I got tired of cleaning their room everyday and them not taking naps, so we thought it might be a good idea to put Cole in Ty's room. Well, naptime didn't go well because he would cry the whole time for Ella. (Meanwhile, she would sleep like a baby. So we know who was the mastermind behind all the non-naps.) And then at night he would cry for Tyler to be in the room with him, but Ty wasn't ready to go to bed. So, we put them back together. They still make messes, but I have taken out a lot of their toys and books so it's less of a mess. They also have started kicking their door. They lay down next to each other and kick...very loud! So spanking has ensued! Yes, we are spankers and I am okay with it.
Cole knows when he is doing something naughty. He doesn't care. He thinks it's funny. He will even say to himself, "One, two..." and then spank himself. Oh, if he wasn't so dang cute, there would be some major problems!
The new thing for the 2x2 is finding things to stand on so they can reach things up high. They empty boxes, trach cans, baskets, toy bins...you name it. They carry and push these things around everywhere so they can reach something they know they aren't supposed to have. Or get "nacks" (snacks) They would each eat an entire box of fruit snacks by themselves if you let 'em. I've had to keep those VERY out of reach!
So, the crazy 2x2 will be turning 2 next month. Here's hoping they make it to then! And I'm hoping that this crazy stage will start to taper off a little. They are a lot of fun, and I am enjoying them very much. They are just very busy! I love that they are starting to really talk now. Cole more than Ella, but that's okay. And they are getting more independent and it's fun to watch them grow. I love my 2x2 more than anything!
Next on the agenda...potty training. Help!








8 comments:
girl, you've got your hands full! but this will be great to look back on and read with them in 10 years!!
Mel, That made me tired just reading it. And to think...that's what I'm praying for. But its just so dang expensive to GET preggers, maybe its worth it to get 2 for 1??? Let me know when (if) it settles down!
I feel your pain, well half of it anyway! ;) Hannah has been busy since the day she became mobile. Everything you listed above-I go through too, except I only have 1 doing it all! My boys were cake compared to her!
Holy heck!!! Busy!!!! I can't believe they'll be 2!!! You are a champ!
Holy heck!!! Busy!!!! I can't believe they'll be 2!!! You are a champ!
what kind of post is this??.....I mean seriously- no pictures???
Amen Jill!! I was anticipating pictures at the end...
Geez. Yes, I, too, can relate to everything in that post, but with only one 23 month old. Problem is, in my experience age 3 is worse than age 2. crap.
I am only a little behind you time-wise, so any potty training methods that work with I will use! HAven't even started to think about it myself.
Post a Comment