Sunday, June 15, 2008

Week in Review





Monday was our 7th wedding anniversary! How time flies when you are having fun! We didn't really get to celebrate because our usual babysitters were out of town, but we did go to dinner as a family. I love my husband now, more than ever...and look forward to eternity.






Tyler finished swimming lessons this week. I don't really think he learned anything, but it was a good experience nonetheless. He still doesn't want to put his whole head underwater. Everytime his teacher tried to make him, he conveniently had to go to the bathroom. The Lehi pool is really cool, but we think he needs tough love. We are going to take him out and Jake is going to help him (make him) learn to swim.







Friday and Saturday, we spent outside with all of our neighbor friends. It really was a lot of fun! Friday night, everyone came over to our house the play the Wii Fit. And on Saturday, the kids played in the water while the guys sat around and talked. The girls read magazines, talked, and tried to get a tan. Mine didn't turn out so well. I got FRIED!! It's not the kind of fry where in a couple of days, after the pain goes away will look good. It's the sunburn that you look at me and say, "What the heck happened here?" The only body parts that got burned are the tops of my knees, the back of my shoulders, the back of my neck, my hairline, my forearms, and a stripe down the side of my legs. I don't know what happened. Or better yet, I don't know how I am going to fix it. Wear kneepads, a sweatband, and a long sleeved shirt? Then maybe the rest of my body will catch up? I know, I should stay out of the sun, but whatever!







We have been trying to keep Cole as healthy as possible, because his surgery is on Tuesday. Well, Jake came down with a cold this week. Perfect timing! So I have made him sleep in Tyler's room for the past 4 nights. I can't afford to catch it, because I am planning on staying at the hospital with Cole. Jake has had to stay away from the babies too. Guess what that means? I have had to get up with BOTH babies for the past 3 nights. It has been so rough, and I am completely exhausted! They don't get up at the same time, so I have been up almost every hour...all night long! It's been murder, but somehow I still manage to make it through the day.







Today was Father's Day, and Jake was still sick as a dog! Tyler and I made him chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, and he choked it down. I got 3 of us ready for church, but there was no way Jake was going. He even had to teach today, but he looked and sounded really bad. I couldn't leave any of the kids home with him, and there was no way I could take all 3 of them by myself, so we all stayed home. I made Jake wear a mask all day. Poor guy! Even though he is sick today, he is still the most amazing father! My kids are so lucky!









Only 2 more days until Cole's surgery. I have been getting more and more emotional the closer it gets. I know this surgery is needed. It just breaks my heart that my little 4 month old baby is going to be having major surgery. I know everything will be okay, I just need to keep myself busy so I don't stew over all the details.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope your hubby feels better soon for both your sakes-I can't imagine being up every hour of the night! You are a trooper! Good luck with Cole's surgery. Is your mom coming to take care of Tyler and Ella? I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Jill said...

wish I could do more to help! Give Cole big hugs and kisses from me!! (And Ella and Ty too!)

Tara said...

good luck with the surgery. we will keep you in our prayers.

Tiffany said...

Please keep us posted and we will be thinking of you and praying for you too!

Mandy said...

good luck with the surgery!!!!