Tuesday, June 3, 2008

To go private, or not to...?

It makes me sad that this is where everything is headed. You know all those nights you stay up way too late blogsurfing. You have taken yourself to someone's blog that lives on the other side of the country and you don't know how you got there, but have read some really interesting stuff along the way. I have found many long-lost friends that way. Or the many recipes that people have posted on their blogs that I have tried, and the food actually ends up being good! There is always much needed advice, or just a pat on the back that comes from comments. Now it's more often than not that when you go to see someone's blog...you are rejected! Sorry, you can't visit!! Blah!! I really enjoy reading blogs, and keeping in touch with everyone. Honestly, would any of us have kept in touch if it weren't for blogs? I know there are a lot of crazy's out there, but I also love it when someone I know from the past finds my blog so we can catch up. I guess it will give me something to think about.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will comment because I know I am doing it. A) Recently no one "new" has come on my blog. I think I have found all my long-lost friends by now. (Like you). b)What bothers me is that I feel like I can't put more personal stuff on my blog because random unknown people will read it. Like reading my journal. (ex. I didn't even put up Tyler's baptism stuff last fall because it is too sacred to share with every ding-dong that comes along.) Also the Eaton side of the family are really private and I feel like I can't put any pictures of them up.
I do love blogs and will forever have one because it is how my family keeps in touch. I love comments, too and I just hope the people that truly love me and Nate will take the time to sign in and leave them still.

Anonymous said...

Who knows, if no one looks at my blog maybe I will do the public thing again!

Tara said...

I can see it both ways. I know people read my blog that don't really know me, but so far I have been lucky enough not to have any crazy/disrespectful comments. I don't mind others reading my blog even if I don't know them that well, because I do the same thing.

I also have been able to keep in contact with so many people that I wouldn't have normally. There is something about blogging that is non-intrusive and easier for me than making a phone call. Plus, I have made new friends too!

Tough call...

Mandy said...

i have gone back and forth with this issue for some time now. i think i will eventually once taylor starts working. i dont know why but i get paranoid thinking a potential client can google his name and find my blog pretty easily. it is true less poeple will probably check out private blogs...or just less frequently. i still check in with all my friends who have gone private.
my other concern with going private is with my children. i know they are young right now but i would also hate to see them teased or something because of what i wrote on my blog about them once they are in school or someone taking a photo off my page for their own use. im just a paranoid person by nature and the whole internet thing still scares me sometimes. if you do decide to go private ill still check in! :)

Nichole said...

As you know I am private. Billy's family is also sooo private and would flip if they knew I had a blog. Billy is such a blog hater and it is actually one of our only real disagreements. I actually feel like I have to hide it from him, which is so much easier to do private! ;) If your husband and family do not care stay the same. You can always add one of the trackers and see who is looking. I kept getting weird traffic. I think because of Sage's name. Even though I am private I too get bummed when I hit a private blog and can't read it!

Chuckie said...

Stay public...who cares if the crazies read our blogs.

The World Famous Marx Family said...

You may not remember me or my fam.(I am Cody Evans Sis Melissa[Mel also]:D) but I love blog surfing, I have found so many old faces. It is so fun to see how much people have grown and where they are now. It is a tough call. My only thing with going private is not being able to have old friends find you, just by surfing around . I guess you have to do what makes you feel safe.
On another note, your babies are so adorable! Congrats!
TTFN

Michelle said...

I didn't really want to go private with my blog but when I realized a certain ex-boyfriend has a blog in the same blog circle... I had to.

Mel said...

Oh heck, I have a couple of old boyfriends that could probably find me through everyone here, but I don't care. Yeah, it probably ended bad, and things would be awkward, but that's life right? At least they can see that I have moved on with my life and am very happy!!

Robert Erica Taylor and Hayden said...

well..i am glad that you kept it open so i can find you and keep in touch now:) your family is beautiful!!! hope to see you soon in good ol panaca!loves to you..