Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 2&3

Things have gone pretty well. The doctors said that Cole looks great! Most babies swell up so bad that their eyes are swollen shut. He is just now starting to swell like that. He woke up this morning with his right eye swollen and bruised. As the day goes on, he gets more and more swollen. He started eating today which is really good. He wanted nothing to do with eating yesterday, so they had to start another IV. You can tell he is still in a lot of pain, but his medication is keeping it managable. He is starting to move around a little today. He slept pretty well last night, but I didn't. Those little hospital beds are awful! I'll survive though. Cole still has some tubes in to drain the fluid around his head. Those should come out tomorrow. He doesn't like to be picked up...obviously. Everytime someone even comes near his head, he screams. I don't blame him at all! He is doing so well though. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. I will try and get some more pictures up soon. I am updating on the hospital computers though.

4 comments:

Nichole said...

Oh my gosh! That is so much for you all to go through! I am glad that he is doing well and I hope that he makes a very speedy recovery! He will thank you later!

Michelle said...

I'm sure he knows you're there and it's comforting for him. I hope he feels beeter and out of pain soon!

Tiffany said...

AHHHHHHHH! I am loosing it right now! I am so happy he is doing so well! I am so thinking of you! Take care!

Tara said...

you poor thing. how awful to see your child going through that. but we are sooo glad that he is doing well. you are in our prayers.