Monday, April 2, 2007

Future Choir Member



I got alot out of General Conference this past weekend. I prayed that I would hear something that would keep me going through all my trials. Jeffrey R. Holland made a quote that I will never forget, and I have it posted in my room.

"No misfortune is so bad that whining about it won't make it worse."

I will change my "why me?" attitude into something more positive and productive. I am trying to focus on all the wonderful blessings in my life, and not the ones that I wished I had.

And my son topped it all of when he started singing with the choir. He's a goof, but I love him!

12 comments:

Mandy said...

how cute! i guess he will follow in his moms footsteps! great qoute! i rememeber thinking of you during that talk. i know we all have different trials in our lives, but sometimes i feel there are those who seem to have harder ones. that qoute is fantastic and is great for all of us to remember. you are an awesome woman melissa...stay strong! you and your family are in my prayers!

-KJ said...

Cute! I love when kids notice the chorester and pretend to conduct. It is even better when they try and sing louder than the entire Mo Tab! That quote stuck out to me too. I have to say that I really enjoyed conference this time.

Anonymous said...

I love that he is singing with the choir. He looks so big!

Tara said...

Cute...Cute...

Is that a plasma on your wall behind Tyler? I know that is a random question but I wanted to know how you like it. Scott wants to get one for our room, but I am not sure.

Tara said...

I didn't remember that quote from his talk, but I love it. We all know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of our lives, but sometimes it is hard to remember that especially in the midst of really hard trials.

One thing that always helps me get through the rough spots is to take one day at a time. I find that if I try to look too far ahead I get discouraged. So I try to be happy and grateful in the moment.

Love ya.

Mel said...

No, it is an LCD! Jake has to explain to people all the time the difference between plasma and LCD and why LCD is so much better. I don't get it all, but it has been a really nice TV. And I have come to really appreciate HD. What a difference a picture makes!

Mandy said...

taylor would agree that LCD is way better than plasma! ive heard the whole shphill too and i dont know why either!

-KJ said...

Kev saw it when I watch the video and made a comment about the TV. Typical guy. He wants one for our room too. Have you seen those TV frames from Pottery Barn? I like um!

Anonymous said...

I like how Tyler sang jibberish and no words. At least to us outsiders. Mama Melissa might have understood everything.???

Mel said...

I understood some of it, but he sometimes goes off in tongues! Use your words, boy!

And yes I did see that TV frame in Pottery Barn! It is so nice. I was trying to think of a way to make it, so I wouldn't be spending my life savings to buy it. But, it wouldn't look good in my living room, so I will have to wait for the next TV or house.

-KJ said...

No joke. That place is Uspensive! I bet it could be made easily, but I don't have the patience for that crap. I just look at in the mag and pretend it was in my house.

Tiffany said...

Melissa- He is so cute! Paige tried to out talk and sing during conference. Terry would keep turning up the volume but she would keep getting louder.I really loved conference this time. I got alot out of it. Nice t.v. by the way.With Terry having a satalite and home theat. business he trys to teach me all that mumbo jumbo.I just smile and tell him he's so smart!But I do have to say I have learned a few things.