The Holiday Rush
The holidays were very eventful for our family. Very busy and very fun! Here's a rundown of what we did...
Christmas was very lowkey for us. We went to Jake's sister's house for Christmas Eve. We had traditional Chinese food for dinner and played games. Tyler and Meghann made cookies for Santa.
Ty drank enough Martinelli's for 4 people! He couldn't even let go of his cup long enough to decorate his cookie.
Ty drank enough Martinelli's for 4 people! He couldn't even let go of his cup long enough to decorate his cookie.Christmas morning was fun. The babies obviously don't get it yet, but they enjoyed playing in the mess and ripping paper. They also enjoyed eating candy for breakfast!





Tyler was very excited for Santa to come. We had a little issue with a present he wanted though. He asked Santa for Guitar Hero, the band. Well, we were planning on getting it as a family present this year, but couldn't find any here in Utah. They were sold out everywhere! So, my mom found some in Vegas and got it. We would just open it down there. So anyway, Tyler was standing at the top of the stairs Christmas morning and saw a big box under the tree that Santa brought. He was soooo excited and thought it was Guitar Hero. Well, Jake and I got a little concerned as to how he would take it because it was not what he was expecting. It was a laser controlled race track. It just so happened to be in the same sized box! Ugh! Ty was excited for the track, but still talked about Guitar Hero all day and was a little sad that Santa didn't bring it to him. We had to have my mom call him on the phone and tell him that Santa left him a huge box at her house. 

We stayed in our pj's most of the day and just played with toys. We had a snowstorm that day, so it was great to know that we didn't have to go anywhere! Although, I did make Jake brave the storm to go to the gas station to get me a drink. He's so good to me!!
We made a great Christmas dinner, and just enjoyed to day together as a family. It was wonderful!
Jake was planning on working the day after Christmas, but everyone in his office decided they would take the day off. So, we packed up the car and headed down to Vegas a day early! I was so excited. I hadn't been home in 6 months!
When we got there, my family was very excited to see the kids. We opened our presents there and of course Tyler was excited for Guitar Hero. And to see his Grandpa!
We played this darn game all weekend! It is so addicting! And then when you listen to the radio in the car...your thoughts turn to, "This would be a great Guitar Hero song".


It was great to be back in Vegas! One of the first things we did was wash our car! It was nice to have it clean and know that it wasn't going to get dirty from the snow. It was also wonderful to see the sun and be able to wear my sunglasses. And not have to wear a coat! Ah, it was great to be home! I have missed Vegas...and my family of course!
On Tuesday the 30th, we went to St. George to spend the rest of the week at my sister Jill's house. We ate out a lot, played some more Guitar Hero, and had a few outtings. All of my family was there except for Kurt because he had to work. We had a fun week. It was hard to have 5 people (with 2 pack and plays) crammed into one bedroom for a week, but well worth it. We had such a good time. It was really hard to come home.















10 comments:
I love their matching Christmas jammies. Glad you had a fun Christmas.
I would have glady put a pack and play (or two) in my room, but we all know how that would have gone over with Rob.
We miss you guys already, come back soon!
How fun!!! Vegas was so fun for us too! The babies are so cute in their jammies! Miss ya!
Many a tear will be shed once spring time comes, from ALL mothers. Winter is hard!
Guitar Hero ROCKS! So funny about listening to the radio. I did the exact same thing! Too Funny. We should have a play off.
Looks like you had a great xmas! I was wondering if you guys were home. ARe you home now? I never see you come and go, must be playing guitar hero. Oh, cohen got a john deer gator so now he can keep up with tyler. The only thing is where do I store that beast??
Cami~ Yes, we are home now. We were gone for 9 days though. And I don't leave the house unless absolutely necessary. I usually won't even go out to the mailbox. I wait until I can drive up to it! Pathetic I know!
I know what you mean about the Gator's. They need just as much space as a real car! You can store Cohen's in my garage if you need to. They can't drive them in the snow anyway. Spring can't come soon enough!
Christi~ Game on!!!!!
sounds like you had a great Christmas. guitar hero does rock. we got one for Christmas and thats what we did for New Years. fun stuff. Carla and Chuckie came over and i finally asked them who you were. They said you were a Bullock. Did you go to Rancho? My husband did so he thought he know some Bullocks. anyway, glad you had a fun and safe vacation. cant believe the twins will be a year next month. any birthday plans?
You call that a low key Christmas? Sounds like you were busy! Fun fun. We were in Vegas from the 24th to the 2nd. I miss the warm(er) weather!!!
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! I am so looking forward for Spring and Summer. It just can't come fast enough!!!
Post a Comment