Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter 2007

We went to Idaho for Easter this year. It was a lot of fun! Especially the famous "Johnson Family Easter Egg Hunt!" Jake's parent's go all out for this egg hunt, and we all love it! There's a hunt for the kids, and then a hunt for the adults. The coveted egg is the $100 one, and Jake's sister Jessica is the one that found it this year. It's okay though, because we got about $100 in gift cards from Jake and my egg's combined. Not too shabby! It was a wonderful weekend!
Tyler feeding the ducks in Grandma & Grandpa's pond
Birthday celebration for Ty, but he was not to keen on the attention! He gets that from his mom!
Playing at the park
The Easter egg hunt
Spoiled Boy! This is all Ty's loot he got from both sets of grandparents!

25 comments:

-KJ said...

Fun weekend! Someone needs to talk to my parents about an adult egg hunt. Thats what I'm talkin' about!
Also, what do you mean you don't like attention. Did you erase highschool from your memory? I have too many memories of some booty shakin' on the v-ball court!

Mel said...

I like SOME attention. I don't like it when everyone's attention is on me. I get a little freaked out. That's why I had a hard time on my wedding day. A few eyes are fine, but not every eye!

Mandy said...

im the same way melissa. a few eyes great, not all at once though. i feel so pressured to perform and keep evryone happy and entertained. to much work. also are family does an adult egg hunt as well. this year my mom called us and we picked our eggs over the phone. we racked up 74 bucks!
tyler lloks loike he scored big time on easter gifts. good for him! isnt easter so fun?

Anonymous said...

From the pictures it looks like like Christmas instead of Easter. He is a spoiled little boy!

Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

Tell Tyler to enjoy being spoiled while he can b/c in a few months there will be a girl to be spoiled and he will be forgotten! Haha

Mel said...

Well he will still have his Grandpa, I don't think any little girl will take that away. But I know mom is going to go crazy over a girl!

-KJ said...

I am still sad I missed your wedding. I would have stared at you all night ;)! I HATE opening presents in front of people! Like at baby showers or wedding showers! I feel so stupid and I feel like people think I am so insincere when I say thanks and then move on to the next gift. Get me outta here!

Nichole said...

The adult hunt is such a good idea. Michelle and Spencer contributed a $100 egg, but it was for the kids. That would have been a decent trip to the mall!
What part of Idaho is that? Billy went to Jr. college just outside of Boise, I love it there.

Michelle said...

Hey Nichole I was just about to leave a comment and you beat me to it. We're always thinking alike.

I was going to say... your egg hunt sounds like ours but we haven't added the gift cards yet. Good idea.

I got side tracked and looked at your sister Jill's blog. So who is having a girl.... Jill? Becca?

Tell Becca she should really consider blogging. :)

Mel said...

I know, I will have to tell Becca. I don't think Becca knows what she is having yet.

My brother Jimmy's wife is having a girl. She is due in August.

Jake's parents live right outside Boise in a town called Eagle. It is really nice, but crowded. The city planners didn't anticipate the growth, so driving is a nightmare, but all in all it is really nice.
Jake's mom has a map of the yard and where every egg is placed. The adults are more competitive than the kids! It is so fun though! She usually just puts a note in the eggs and then you get the prize afterwards. Carefully planned and we love it!

Ryan said...

HI
I found you through Michelle and Nicole. I just had to say that Easter Egg Hunt is awesome!!! I want one of those!!!! Some people get all the luck with families!
I love your favorites list too- you're a cool kid!

Tiffany said...

WHAT!!!!!!! JImmy is gonna be a dad?!?!?!?! O'my hec,that is ccrraazzyy! That is so much fun.Tyler looks really tall in those pics. His legs look real long and skinny.Is he tall for his age? I love his hair-I wish I was that blonde.

Tiffany said...

Okay I had to look at those pics again. Tyler is totally a little man. He is so big.

Mel said...

Yeah, he is a lot taller than most of the kids his age. I am hoping his growth slows down or I am going to have a giant for a son!

Tiffany said...

My boy doesnt stand a chance of being soooo tall.O'well there's always baseball....right Melissa?:)

-KJ said...

I always loved how Tiff LOVED the super tall guys but always dated guys that were 5'7" and shorter!!! She broke the mold with Terry. I think he is 5'10". What is he Tiff? A giant next to you, anyway!

Mel said...

Tiff, baseball players are bad news...you know that!

-KJ said...

They all turn out to be MAN WHORES!!! I swear if Spencer says he wants to play baseball when he hits puberty I will ship him off to some third world country! The problem is that most guys look cute in baseball hats even if they are ugly, so if they are remotely cute they will have girls all over them. I guess that makes my first statement unfair. The girls can be bad too, but it just gives the boys too many opportunitits to take advantage of them. Ahhhh, I am not ready to be a mom dealing with that trash! Yikes!

Nichole, I swear Billy was the only good one out of the bunch! He was always nice and well mannered. Where did he come from?!!!

Mel said...

It's the hats that got me, every time. I love guys in baseball hats! Funny thing is that my husband doesn't wear hats...he got me on personality, humor, etc.

Mandy said...

i find it funny how you never marry who you picture you might. =)

Taylor said...

Plus he has a sweet ass!! I'll see you in 10 minutes Mandy

Tiffany said...

Yah,baseball has it's bad name. Terry wont even let me get anything that has baseball on it. He HATES it.It's football all the way with him.Which is fine by me. I really dont care as long as he gets out there,gets active and plays a sport.

Tiffany said...

I think Terry is about 5'10. I just know when he looks down he has a great view of my new cleavege.Which IS NOT that great but better than nothing!

Nichole said...

Billy isn't the only good (former) baseball player...there are a few others. But, yes there are a lot of bad ones too. But in all fairness, it takes two. When I refer to the "baseball whores", I am talking about the girls that can't get enough of those boys! There were some in high school, Jr. college and at Reno too. Always 2 or 3 girls that "slept" their way through half the team.
KJ, Billy wasn't bad because he has great parents and found the right girl early on!
For me it wasn't the baseball hats, it was the baseball pants! Something about those uniforms!